at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 6, 2017
STATE: California (US-CA)
COUNTRY: United States
The person in this position works without significant direction, planning and organizing his/her own activities, to grow sales within the assigned territory. The person in this role will be responsible for managing current customer accounts for our Blood Center Segment. Work will also include new business development for a new product offering, biomedical refrigeration. The Sales Representative communicates the value-add of investing in Teurmo BCT products.
In an ongoing effort to provide our customers with solutions that better facilitate the processing and storage of life-saving blood products, we have entered into a partnership with B Medical that will allow us to offer biomedical refridgeration to our customers, as well as new clients in the territory. The customer segment for biomedical refridgeration would include, cell banks, laboratories, and blood donation centers. The person in this role works in partnership with a National Account Manager, and a Technical Consultant(s).
This position reports to: Regional Sales Manager.
Territory: Southern California (South of Fresno), Arizona, Nevada (not Reno), and Hawaii. Travel is 50+% overnight travel. We are looking for someone based in Southern California (Los Angeles/San Diego).
* Generates necessary sales to meet or exceed territory sales goals and achieves appropriate sales prices.
* Meets appropriate contribution margins. Tracks and analyzes progress.
* Prioritizes accounts to determine coverage, assesses opportunity, and develops new business.
* Coordinates and manages resources to provide necessary customer service.
* Prepares weekly and monthly plans, tracks and analyzes progress and trends, and prepares annual territory sales plan.
* Maintains account/customer profiles, customer contact information and account plans for assigned customer accounts.
* Maintains and renews contracts.
* Develops consultative role to manage customer training needs, facilitates relationship building, manages customer expectations and provides necessary customer service.
* Plans and make sales calls which incorporate sales process tools and strategies to achieve sales goals. Evaluates and redesigns future contacts.
* Continuously increases and sharpens selling, negotiating, and presentation skills.
* Works alone or in concert with appropriate internal/external resources and the customer to establish appropriate and on-going monitoring of customer applications of Blood Center Segment within the customer's processes to assure optimum usage to meet customer needs.
* Develops account strategy (at Regional/Blood Center HQ level) that align with customer needs to build relationships and credibility with customer
* Collaborates with all internal company associates to maximize their involvement and influence with each of their assigned customers
* Provides feedback to management on messaging, tactics and marketplace changes to ensure that our company offerings are meeting/exceeding customer expectations
* Collaborates with cross-funcitional partners including Strategic Account Managers, Technical Consultants, Field Performance Team, Customer Service, Contract Administration and other businesses (including Therapeutics, Cell Processing when applicable) to ensure a cohesive and consistent approach to meeting customer needs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 4 years of successful sales or relevant experience in a consultative selling environment.
* Sound understanding of sales strategies and philosophies.
* Demonstrated success in using sales techniques and selling skills.
* Thorough understanding and support of the Business' values and customer approach.
* Ability to manage account processes using a sales force automation application in compliance with business rules and user guidelines.
* Executive selling skills
* Maintain basic technical knowledge of the product line to be able to answer basic questions
* Maintains baseline knowledge of customers' processes & challenges
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* A valid Driver's License is required.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
CITY: Los Angeles
STATE: California (US-CA)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.