Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
Sales Professional - Conveyor / Custom Material Handling
Base Salary (Based on Experience) and Commission Plan selling conveyors / custom material handling equipment and systems in an Industrial Manufacturing environment.
Salary & Benefits
• Base Salary $40,000 - 60,000 (Based on Experience) and Commission Plan
• Major holidays
• Car allowance
• Cell phone allowance
• Health benefits
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for increasing the sales of Conveyors / Custom Material Handling Equipment and Systems and for developing customer relationships within an assigned territory. Target audience is manufacturing (end-users, not distributors or resellers).
Contacts existing and potential new customers to promote sales of material handling equipment and systems.
• Handle all facets of the sales process from cold calling, prospecting to order processing, sourcing, and follow-up.
• Manage and grow relationships with current customers in established territory. Regularly visit customer sites to understand customers operations; identify opportunities where Lauyans & Company can add value; introduce products, services, and solutions.
• Identify target prospects and create/implement strategic action plans to develop the accounts as Customers
• Present corporate PowerPoint presentation to clients.
• Follow-up on all Customer leads from external and internal sources
• Work with applications / estimating group to develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions. Present proposals to clients.
• Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate, and close.
• Maintain Customer information files and notes within the CRM system in accordance with Company policy, procedures and requirements with periodic review with management
• Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Present sales plan to VP of Sales / Business Develop and manage daily efforts toward plan.
• Strong skills in: prospecting, active listening, questioning, uncovering problems or client objectives, uncovering budget, understanding the prospect’s decision making process, proposal development and presentation, account retention, verbal-telephone and written communication.
• Must have prompt and regular attendance, self –structured, urgency, will to win, ability to develop meaningful bonding and rapport, have balance in life, and be a team player.
• 4-Year Degree
• Previous Conveyor and/or Material Handling Sales is a definite plus but not mandatory.
• Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation
• Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times
• Applicant must be mechanically inclined.
• Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
• Strong work ethic, great personality and willingness to learn are a must.
• Strong organizational and communication skills. Must be a self-starter.
• Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web searches, etc.
• Local Travel is required.
• Must meet physical requirements of the job
• Reports to VP of Sales / Business Development.
• Also works directly with applications / estimating to develop proposals.
Working Conditions: Flexibility to work when Customer needs require it and may exceed a 40-hour work week with some overnight travel and weekend work. The Sales Professional must have a reliable car to use for considerable travel in the territory. The position is exempt from paid overtime.
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form.
2. Select the employer email address to email employer directly