Posted on Nov. 21, 2017
Sales Development Specialist
For the last 48 years, Comdata has been a leading player in the payments technology space, offering products such as corporate credit cards and financial operating technology, among other solutions, to top companies across the US and Canada. Now a part of the FLEETCOR family of companies, we continue to dominate the market, having just been nominated to the Fortune 1000 and recognized as the 14th most innovative company by Forbes Magazine and 70th fastest growing company by Fortune!
In order to maintain our market leadership, we are actively looking to add entry-level sales talent that can grow with us in our Corporate Payments division.
As a Sales Development Specialist, your role is to build the sales pipeline by identifying potential new business and qualifying opportunities for our field sales teams. This role is a great entry point into the sales ecosystem and our training and coaching, will develop you professionally to move on to the next opportunity. Sales Development Specialists who perform well will have the opportunity to move into progressively senior sales roles and build a lucrative career in B2B tech/software sales.
So…how does a Sales Development Specialist play a role in the overall grand scheme of things?
• You would be a critical part of this division’s growth engine, calling in to mid- and large-market companies. Your goal is to navigate complex organizations to find the key decision makers and evaluate their need for Corporate Payments products, including AP automation software, credit card programs, travel expense management software and workforce payment solutions.
• Once you identify and qualify new prospects, you will hand off these accounts to field sales directors to pursue and close the deal.
• You would be part of a team that has all eyes on it, even up to the Chairman and the CEO. The company really believes in this team’s potential!
What would my day really look like?
• You will be part of a growing team of sales and business development professionals in a high-energy, high activity environment. It’s a culture of hustle where the work is not easy, but it’s incredibly important to our business.
• You would be on the phone, email and LinkedIn…a lot. Your objective is to communicate with senior executives at a defined set of large companies to generate interest in Comdata. As we all know, sales is a numbers game!
• Research accounts, identify key players, establish relationships, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities.
• Actively track and manage a pipeline of leads in Salesforce.com.
• Be responsible for meeting or exceeding daily, weekly and monthly contact attempts and new lead quotas.
This job might be for you if:
• The idea of making a base salary with additional lucrative commission potential appeals to you! It’s pay for performance: the harder you work, the more you will make!
• You have an ambition to build a B2B sales career and are interested in working for a company that will develop you and then reward you rewarded for delivering expected results.
• You are confident, polished, extremely competitive and like to exceed goals and make new ones
• You are passionate about everything you do and nothing holds you back.
• You are resilient. If a prospect turns you down or gets irritated with you and you natural next thought would be: “So what? That ‘no’ means I’m one step closer to a ‘yes’. I’ll land the next one, and the next one.”
• You always want to get better and develop your own skill set
• You are process oriented and pay attention to details
What’s that you say- we just described you to a “T”? Then apply today. We’d love to talk to you!