at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 12, 2017
State: California (US-CA)
Country: United States
JOB TITLE: Sales Consultant-Cellular Therapy Technology
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. Terumo BCT is $1B Medical Device Company and a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, serving customers in more than 120 countries. As the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction, we believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
We are looking for an accomplished Sales Representative to represent our Cellular Therapy Technology division. Our technology is utilized to help deliver cell-based immunotherapy and gene therapy. Terumo BCT is proud to be a source of cell collection, expansion and separation technologies used in the production process for these potentially groundbreaking and lifesaving therapies.
Call points are: Academic Medical Centers (Research Scientists, Principal Investigators), Labs, Cell Banks, and Contract Manufacturing Organizations.
Territory: Multi-state territory, spanning the Western region of the U.S. 50-60% travel
Reports to: Global Sales Director
The person who will thrive in this role:
- Is a true sales hunter, excited about the emerging field of regenerative medicine, and groundbreaking therapies for rare diseases.
- Is looking for a long term opportunity with an established company (40+ years) that is a leader in all product categories
- Is someone who has previous medical device experience, preferably with experience in our niche
- Is looking for an opportunity where their career can grow within the organization
- Knows the discipline that it takes to exceed goals and be the best at what they do
- Is looking to join a world class organization and be representing innovative technology in cellular therapy.
Works without significant direction, planning and organizing own activities. The person in this role is the primary sales contact with customers for the sale of company products, and is responsible for the coordination of all sales, training, and service needed by customers.
- Generates necessary sales to meet or exceed territory sales goals and achieves appropriate sales prices.
- Meets appropriate contribution margins. Tracks and analyzes progress.
- Prioritizes accounts to determine coverage, assesses opportunity, and develops new business.
- Coordinates and manages resources to provide necessary customer service.
- Prepares weekly and monthly plans, tracks and analyzes progress and trends, and prepares annual territory sales plan.
- Maintains account/customer profiles and account plans for key accounts.
- Maintains and renews contracts.
- Develops consultative role to manage customer training needs, facilitates relationship building, and provides necessary customer service.
- Plans and make sales calls to achieve sales goals. Evaluates and redesigns future contacts.
- Manages budget and expenses, adheres to company policies, and communicates effectively with corporate and field personnel.
- Continuously increases and sharpens therapy and technical knowledge as well as selling, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Responsible for conducting customer in-service training on appropriate technologies.
- Works alone or in concert with appropriate internal/external resources and the customer to establish appropriate and on-going monitoring of customer applications of Blood Bank Technology (BBT) within the customer's processes to assure optimum usage to meet customer needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 4 years of successful sales or relevant experience in a consultative selling environment.
- Sound understanding of the Business's sales strategies and philosophies.
- Thorough understanding of the Business's products and therapy applications.
- Demonstrated success in using sales techniques and selling skills.
- Thorough understanding and support of the Business's values and customer approach.
- Ability to manage account processes using a sales force automation application in compliance with business rules and user guidelines.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid Driver's License is required.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
Extensive travel required (>50%).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
City: Los Angeles
State: California (US-CA)
Country: United States
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.