Posted on May. 8, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this spring! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking Sales Associates in Tulsa, OK.
SALARY: $9.25 an hour
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Operates cash register, greets and assists customers, puts out merchandise, helps keep store in a neat appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates automated cash register to accurately record sales transactions, tabulate prices and calculate correct change.
• Cordially greets and assists customers, answers phone calls, relays messages and makes store announcements as directed by the Store Manager.
• Places merchandise in stock in the proper category by size and color maintaining attractive displays on shelves and racks. May assist in arranging displays. Pulls merchandise to be removed from the store.
• Keeps floor and racks cleared of discarded or fallen merchandise. Monitors dressing rooms on a regular basis and returns garments to proper display racks.
• Moves and maneuvers shipping racks and carts, small pieces of furniture, display fixtures and electrical/mechanical appliances using proper equipment and techniques and following all safety procedures.
• Performs light housekeeping duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting shelves, cleaning glass display shelves, cases and mirrors as needed. Keeps checkout area tidy and stocked with supplies. Cleans and stocks restrooms in orderly condition when assigned.
• Prevents accidents and loss of merchandise by following all safety rules and reporting any unsafe conditions to the store manager.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
Vocational education such as high school, 10th grade equivalent. Training is over a period up to and including three months.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.