Posted on Sep. 12, 2016
GFS is currently hiring Sales Associates for our Nashville area stores (Murfreesboro, Brentwood, Cool Sprints). Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. Our sales associates are a vital part of our business as they are the face of the company.
Sales Associates are trained to perform the daily operations of being cross-trained to perform the following functions: building customer sales, providing superior customer service, stocking, inventory management, front-end services, operating a cash register and maintaining store conditions.
• Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
• Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
• “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
• Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
• Actively seek out customers in store
• Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
• Cross sell products
• Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
• Build productive trust relationships with customers
• Must multitask, prioritize, and work independently or within a team environment
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills
• Basic mathematical aptitude
• At least 18 years of age
• Basic computer skills, cash-handling experience and experience utilizing general office equipment, POS, RF Gun, and slicer preferred
• Currently enrolled in a high school program, or high school diploma or general equivalent degree, preferred
• Pass pre-employment drug and background screen
• Flexible schedules that fit your needs
• Associate Incentive Program
• Team-oriented, fun working environment
• Employee discounts
• Medical and dental benefits
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, Gordon Food Service Store is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 160 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.