at DHL Express
Posted on Dec. 6, 2017
DHL Express has an opening for a Safety Specialist in our Erlanger, KY location at CVG.
•The Safety Specialist manages and administers existing policies and programs to ensure compliance with safety and environmental health requirements.
•Management/leadership expertise with large or multi-facility oversight; large logistics/warehousing/distribution environments, currently in a Manager or above role.
•He/she ensures compliance with existing injury and accident preventative programs, schedules and conducts safety inspections, reviews injury/accident reports and recommends corrective actions, prevents regulatory enforcement actions.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
QualificationsSkill & Qualifications:
· Must possess leadership qualities.
· Seasoned professional, self-starting, analytical and energetic. Must display a confident demeanor always while always supporting DHL values and 4 Pillars: Motivated People, Great Service Quality, Loyal Customers, and Profitable Network.
· DHL or other transportation operations experience helpful.
· Adept at Microsoft Office package.
· Must be proficient presenting to colleagues and employees.
· Must take ownership for all safety related issues and have a “can do” and teamwork style.
· Serves as safety specialist to management on major matters pertaining to policies, plans, and objectives.
· BS/BA in related discipline preferred and/or 5 years’ experience in Ops type environment.
· Supports 3rd shift CVG HUB operations team for all safety related items.
· Interacts with Senior Hub Managers and supervisors to ensure safety compliance and prevention of incidents.
· Takes part in establishing and implementing DHL's safety/health policy and procedures.
· Tracks and analyzes accident trends/frequency rates and communicates target specific recommendations for improved safety performance to department managers.
· Provides guidance to operations in methods to maintain a safe work environment including new processes aimed at preventing incidents
· Analyzes work area hazards and injuries to determine root cause and target procedural, instructional or equipment changes to prevent reoccurrence
· Monitors and reviews worker's compensation claims of employees data detailing cost, lost time, claim frequency, and claim duration
· Supports periodic claims reviews with management, adjusters, attorneys and casualty claims analysts
Work hours Work Schedule
Mon - Fri; 3rd shift