Posted on Jun. 29, 2016
The Nursing Supervisor demonstrates knowledge of the genrontoligical resident's physical, social, emotional and psychological needs based upon observation, staff input and the residents required health care needs. Responsible for the direction and supervision of the nursing staff on the assigned shift. Tracks absenteeism on the daily assignment sheet and assigns staff according to policies and works to enusre equal distribtion of assigned duties. Completes rounds to assess residents and resident care. Performs residents assessments and identifies and implements necessary nursing interventions. Coordinates activites and assignments throughout the facility to ensure appropirate functioning of each neighborhood. Investiages employee concerns/incidents and takes appropriate action. Actively participates in the direct delivery of patient care. Ansers call lights and assists residents with ADL's as needed. Completes rounds to ensure that residents are receiving nursing care in the appropirate time frame .
Requirements EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* Degreed Registered Nurse Required.
* Current RN License in the state of Missouri
* Two years of Long Term Care Supervisory experience preferred.
* Three to five years Long Term Care experience or similar nursing experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with residents, visitors and staff.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage time, and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards.