Posted on Nov. 2, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
As a leading employer throughout west-central Florida, we offer the opportunity to grow personally and professionally with an expansive range of employment opportunities at:
• LifePath Hospice in Hillsborough County
• Assess patient/family and identify ongoing needs and necessary nursing interventions, including change in level of care.
• Coordinate patient care, including assessing psychosocial, spiritual care, and volunteer needs, and make appropriate referrals, as needed.
• Continually assess patient's eligibility for hospice care and facilitate medical review, as needed.
• Provide and manage direct care to patients and families as part of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
• Coordinate the plan of care, ensuring that an individualized plan of care is developed that accurately reflects the patient's evolving needs.
• Demonstrate clinical skills regarding: case management, application of company policy and procedure, physical assessment, intravenous therapies, pain medication titration, symptom management, and patient/family relationships.
• Facilitate coordination of care and documentation for change in level of care, team transfer and hospice discharge.
• Update interdisciplinary group and other health care professionals about pending medical appointments/diagnostic testing and outcome/result(s).
• Consult, refer, and collaborate with other professionals to promote quality and continuity of patient/family care.
• Take verbal orders from physicians, ARNPs and physician's assistants.
• Educate patient, family, caregivers and other health professionals about disease process and decline, palliative interventions, care giving, dying process and safety practices.
• Report changes in the patient's condition to appropriate members of the IDG or other health professionals.
• Attend patient deaths and prepare body for transport
• Oversee disposal of medications.
• Provide appropriate bereavement interventions to the family and caregiver in conjunction with social services staff.
• Accept responsibility and is accountable for nursing actions: demonstrate an understanding of the legal consequences of nursing actions; request supervision when needed; perform within the guidelines established by the Florida Nurse Practice Act plus Administrative, Professional Development, Financial, Other Responsibilities.
Additional Preceptor Responsibilities:
• Plan, coordinate, and carry out educational opportunities for the nurses.
• Explain the role and performance expectation for the team nurse in the hospice setting.
• Assist the orientee to identify learning needs.
• Plan for and provide relevant learning experiences involving the clinical supervisor, senior preceptor and other staff, necessary.
• Demonstrate and/or supervise nursing procedures or skills that are unfamiliar to the orientee.
• Orient new nurses to their roles within the IDG.
• Acquaint the orientee with the concept of IDG through participation in IDG meeting.
• Evaluate competence of orientee utilizing orientation competency checklist.
• Provide prompt and consistent feedback, identifying areas in need of further development to the new nurse and the Clinical Manager.
• Coordinate activities with other nursing preceptors to maintain consistency in practice, establish relationships, and broaden the scope of the program.
• Provide input to clinical leadership and educators regarding patient care experiences for orientation.
• Participate in Nurse Preceptor Meetings.
Education requirements• Current Florida license as RN, or current licensure from another state plus a temporary Florida permit.
Experience requirements• Minimum one (1) year in-patient nursing, hospice, or home health experience.
• RN Care Coordinator Preceptor: One (1) year's experience as a hospice RN Care Coordinator preferred, with demonstration competence in case management and in depth understanding of Company systems.
• Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic Medical/Health Record) system required
Qualifications• Valid driver's license and automobile insurance in the State of Florida.
• Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule.
• Minimum one (1) year in-patient nursing, hospice, or home health experience.
• Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English.
• Flexible schedule to meet the needs of hospice patients.
• Ability to physically access any home i.e. navigate stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning, in any area Company serves.
• Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring for terminally ill patients and their families.
• Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Responsibilities• Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
• Responsibilities of all employees
• Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
• Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
• Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
• Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
• Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
• Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
• Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
• Advance electronic media skills.
• Support Company research and educational activities.
• Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
• Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
• Participate in interviewing and selection process of new hires.
• Provide input to Clinical Manager LPN and hospice aide job performance.
• Duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
Work hours• Various Shifts.
Chapters Health System complies with:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Family Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act