Posted on Sep. 1, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida. The facility serves as a resource for complex medical care for patients from throughout northeast Florida and South Georgia, with more than 70 specialties represented. UF Health Jacksonville is also home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services.
Unique career opportunities available for talented RNs with Interventional Radiology skills!
• 1-2 years of Emergency Department, ICU, Radiology or procedural areas (GI Lab, Cath Lab, etc) as a Registered Nurse.
The Registered Nurse (RN) in Interventional Radiology (IR) provides nursing care to scheduled inpatient, outpatient, routine, emergent, and trauma patients needing an interventional procedure using imaging equipment in a dedicated aseptic radiology environment. The IR nurse utilizes the nursing process and the standards of care of a professional nurse and functions as a team member with technologists, anesthesia providers, and proceduralist MDs. The RN is expected to perform all staff nurse activities in the pre-op, procedural and post-op phases of care. The IR nurse is expected to administer moderate sedation. The RN functions as Charge Nurse when assigned. The RN maintains overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients, even though some activities /tasks may be delegated to ancillary support staff.
Age of Patients Served: All Age Groups.
• Must have minimum one year of ICU Nursing work experience
• Full Time with excellent benefits package starting day one!
• Holiday/Vacation/Sick pay
• Dollar for dollar match on 401K up to 6%
• Associate's Degree; Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
**Please Note: New hires effective August 1, 2013, must have a BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing within 3 years of hire or transfer into the position, and must be enrolled in a BSN program within 12 months of hire. (Current employees hired prior to August 1, 2013 will be grandfathered.)
Preferred Education: BSN
1. Demonstrates teamwork and communicates in a professional manner with all members of the healthcare team.
2. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply computer technologies and procedures that affect patient care delivery.
• Current licensure as RN in Florida
• BLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• ACLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• Effective June 1st 2016, new hires or transfers for Radiology must have PALS from the American Heart Association within one year of hire or transfer.
• Effective June 1st 2016, existing Radiology RN's must have PALS from the American Heart Association by June 1st 2017.
• Professional Certification Preferred.
• Professional certification preferred.
• 1-2 Years of experience in the Emergency Department, ICU, Radiology or procedural areas (GI Lab, Cath Lab, etc) as a Registered Nurse.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Thank you for your interest in UF Health Jacksonville!
As an organization that is committed to nursing excellence, we have embraced the use of nursing research and evidence-based practices to influence the way that we conduct our work within nursing. We demonstrate our ability to meet the standards for nursing care related to clinical competency and assessment, education, cultural diversity and collaboration by using a performance measurement and improvement process.
In our organization, nurses are the vital link between receiving average care and receiving excellent care. We are committed to hiring a nursing workforce that wants to practice autonomously yet in collaboration with the healthcare team. Nurses who want to improve their practice each day by asking the simple question of "why" are the nurses we want filling our clinical center units.
To attract these well-educated and compassionate nurses to our organization, we have established a number of programs to enhance nursing at UF Health Jacksonville. Some of these programs include:
- Tuition reimbursement, support and encouragement for educational advancement.
- Professional recognition program that provides nurses with an avenue to receive a monetary bonus for actively participating in the practice of nursing.
- A new nurse fellowship program designed to assist the new nurse with transitioning into the role of a professional nurse. The program provides the new nurse with the tools needed to demonstrate the core competencies required for the entry-level nurse at UF Health Jacksonville.
- A critical care fellowship program for the promotion of our qualified medical-surgical nurses desiring an opportunity for career advancement into an intensive care setting.
UF Health Shands Hospital, which consistently ranks as one of US News & World Report’s Best Hospitals in America, recently became only the 12th hospital in Florida and the 88th in the nation to achieve Magnet status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
If you are interested in joining a team that is experiencing the excitement of moving a nursing division to the highest level of quality in patient care and service, please contact us immediately so we may set you on the road to success! We look forward to talking soon!