Posted on Nov. 28, 2016 2016-11-28T12:00:00-0500
Goodwill is seeking a Retail Store Manager in Bartlesville, OK.
Manages all phases of the operation of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and provides an optimum shopping environment for its customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the sales, profit and marketing plan of assigned store. Evaluates sales results against plan and inventory levels and takes appropriate action as necessary. Controls costs related to store operations in accordance with budgeted allowance.
• Ensures that proper merchandising, visual displays, and space allocation are in accordance with merchandising plans to meet projections for sales per square foot and average sale per transaction.
• Interviews, trains, supervises, evaluates and coaches employees to ensure adequate staffing of store. Completes all personnel records and reports while maintaining the confidentiality of the employee and the company. Conducts regular monthly store meetings, which include focus on safety in store operations.
• Provides feedback to management to enhance the communication process.
• Ensures that all employees provide friendly, courteous customer service and satisfaction. Responds to requests for management assistance in a helpful and accommodating manner.
• Supports the mission of Goodwill by exhibiting a willingness to employ and supervise persons with barriers to employment. Trains, supervises and evaluates client/trainees assigned to the store in consultation with vocational staff.
• Verifies quantity, quality and dollar value of merchandise received in the store. Evaluates pricing of goods and makes and reports any necessary adjustments according to established procedure.
• Determines the value and price of some merchandise such as housewares, shoes, books and electronics in accordance with company pricing guidelines.
• Completes all reports and documents that are to be submitted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all reports related to store operations.
• Controls inventory and loss of merchandise due to errors, internal shrinkage and shoplifting. Takes appropriate action in preventing such losses.
• Ensures that a member of management is in charge of store operations in the absence of the store manager. Maintains security of all cash and store receipts. Arranges for daily deposits to be taken to the bank by authorized management personnel.
• Directs and monitors assistant managers and customer service managers in the management of their assigned areas of responsibility.
• Attends all in-service training sessions, including First Aid/CPR training and store managers’ meetings as scheduled.
• Observes the practices of retail competitors and evaluates the impact of competition on Goodwill operations.
• Performs all basic responsibilities common to all Goodwill store management positions, i.e.:
· Performs cash register transactions
· Attends to any after-hours emergencies that occur in the store.
· Addresses facility maintenance and security issues
· Monitors the proper use of store equipment to minimize need for repairs and replacement
· Performs any and all functions pertaining to the opening and closing of the store.
· Directs and performs housekeeping and recovery duties.
• Follows, enforces and provides training to ensure that all safety rules and regulations are followed. Completes and submits any necessary forms and/or reports immediately, but no longer than within 24 hours when an incident occurs.
• Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR if required.
• Must have 4 (four) years retail management experience, preferably in retail apparel management. Must have strong visual merchandising skills. Must have insured vehicle to be used for store-related travel. Must have home or cell phone.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid resident state driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required resident state criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance and license plates.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Computer skills including scheduling and payroll software, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and Outlook Mail. Technical skills for operation of cash registers and magnetic card readers and processing terminals.
• Decision-making skills related to personnel management, merchandising to grow sales and customer service to enhance the shopping experience.
• Training is over a period up to and including 6 (six) months.
Interested candidates can apply in person, online or for immediate attention you can submit your information through "Quick Apply."