Posted on Apr. 13, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
You will supervise associates engaged in selling, stocking, and merchandising a variety of retail and/or services items in the grocery or produce departments. You will provide work direction and supervision for a group of associates.
We are located on Tradeport Drive near Orlando International Airport.
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Complete Quick Apply for immediate consideration.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare work schedules; makes assignments and reassignments depending on workload.
• Provides on-the-job training, orientation and instructions on new procedures
• Provides guidance and assistance to subordinates in connection with problems encountered.
• Reviews work of subordinates; accomplishes performance appraisals; approves/ disapproves leave
• Recommends personnel actions such as promotions, performance awards; and takes disciplinary actions.
• Promotes employee morale and attempts to resolve employee relations problems.
• Carries out EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to subordinates.
Education requirements• High School Diploma/GED
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
• Study completed in a college, university, or junior college above the high school level may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for 6 months of experience.
Experience requirements• 1 year responsible experience in retail sales store (or clerical, office)
• 1 year progressively responsible experience in grocery/produce retail sales preferred
Responsibilities- Ensures timely stock replenishment of merchandise within assigned areas of responsibility. Maintains inventory in accordance with prescribed levels.
- Supervises and participates in the taking of periodic inventories and ensures adherence to correct procedures for the receipt, pricing and storage of merchandise.
- Responsible for the security of cash, fixed assets and merchandise inventory.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of assigned merchandise departments within the main retail store or service departments. Ensures the proper maintenance of stock control records and adequate levels of merchandise by entering data into the computer through the use of an automated equipment or by maintaining unit merchandise controls, never-out lists and other required records. As required, develops reports and requisitions authorized merchandise based on records of maintained inventories and other factors affecting the maintenance of stock levels.
- Determines available shelf space and amounts of merchandise to be displayed. Assures prices are marked on individual items and that displays are safely and neatly arranged.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures for the security of cash and stock. Assures areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensures that NES customer service standards are maintained.
- When serving in a uniform center/shop within the retail store, may be required to take upper and lower body measurements for the purpose of ordering made-to-measure uniforms in conformance with military specifications and customer requirements. -
- Performs other related duties as assigned, which may include preparing and processing retail and services accounting documents, identifying and researching discrepancies in accounting documents or transactions, cash collection and processing, timecard maintenance, preparing routine correspondence, etc.
- Is required to lift up to 25 lbs as it relates to job duties including, but not limited to: assisting customers, lifting merchandise, assisting with stocking sales area as necessary, etc..
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Work hoursFull Time: 35 to 40 hours per week.
Willingness to work flexible schedule including rotating weekend hours.
Store Operating Hours:
Mon-Wed 9am-6pm, Thurs-Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 10am-6pm