Posted on Apr. 19, 2017
BASIC PURPOSE :
Assist customers, sell merchandise, handle cash, charge, and credit card sales accurately, keep shop clean and attractive, and assure safety and sanitation standards are maintained. Strive to achieve sales figures by selling effectively.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Promote sales by using suggestive selling techniques. Ensure that the shop is kept clean, and that displays are attractively merchandised to promote sales. (15%)
2. Ensure all assigned inventory counts are accurate. (15%)
3. Protect assets against losses and shoplifting. (15%)
4. Handle all cash transactions accurately. Follow proper procedure for credit card and room or house charge transactions and obtain proper ID and department information for all employee discounts. Adhere to the hotel cash handling policy. Practice proper register operation procedures. (15%)
5. Assist in the training of new staff to ensure standard operating procedures are communicated and adhered to. (15%)
6. Maintain constant communication line with Retail Manager in order to keep abreast of all shop related problems, customer requests and fast moving items to maximize sales and guest satisfaction. (15%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (10%)
1. Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times.
2. Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management, and fellow employees.
3. Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
4. Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area.
5. Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
6. Complies with required safety regulations and procedures.
7. Complies with Hotel standards, policies, and rules
8. Recycles and conserves energy whenever possible.
9. Remains current with hotel information and changes.
10. Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
11. Participates in Task Force and Committees as requested.
12. All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
EDUCATION: High school education or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in a cash handling position. Three months or more of retail/sales related experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: May require knowledge of computer equipment or other technical devices or broad knowledge in several operational areas:
Mathematic proficiency is required to handle cash.
Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
Requires a working knowledge of a particular aspect of Loews services, policies or operations.
Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.