Posted on Nov. 15, 2016
Luna has faithfully served thousands of satisfied customers with the best value in carpet, hardwood and laminate for more than 50 years. With a dedication to service excellence, Luna has eliminated the obstacles in flooring your home. From Luna’s Low Price Guarantee to its Lifetime Installation Warranty to its exclusive Love Your Floors Promise there really is no reason to shop anywhere else!
At Luna, we continue to be innovative and we are always looking for the best and brightest talent. Challenge your skills, and join Luna! We are looking for hard working and experienced Sales Associates to join our Schaumburg Store.
What makes this a great opportunity?
• Guaranteed hourly income, and uncapped commissions!
• Working for one of the largest flooring companies in the United States.
• America’s best choice for installed flooring!
The Retail Sales Associate promotes and sells company products, services and flooring solutions in a retail sales environment and to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Approach and market Luna product offerings to retail customers.
• Make recommendations to customers on the options available based on budget, design preferences, and application.
• Conduct in home customer visits as necessary.
• Take measurements of flooring area to use in determining final price.
• Facilitate measuring using custom measuring tools.
• Engage in active negotiations with customers on price using Luna pricing guidelines.
• Take payments from customers for products sold.
• Merchandise all products in store according to company specifications.
• Maintain area of responsibility with respect to cleanliness, product display, and pricing.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Three years’ experience in a retail sales environment.
• Experience in the flooring industry is a plus.
• Customer relations experience desired.
• Knowledge of Luna products, services, and organizational structure helpful.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a personable and professional demeanor at all times.
• Good ability to make decisions based on facts on hand to negotiate on Luna’s behalf.
• Excellent ability to use clear, concise diction and professional vocabulary.
• Detail oriented.
• Basic proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and MS Excel.
• Ability to use an electronic tablet as a sales and measuring tool.
• Good ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Enthusiastic and friendly attitude.
• Ability to create and exhibit a sense of ownership.