Posted on Mar. 13, 2017
The Retail Sales Associate promotes and sells company products, services and flooring solutions in a retail sales environment and to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Approach and market Empire product offerings to retail customers.
• Make recommendations to customers on the options available based on budget, design preferences, and application.
• Conduct in home customer visits as necessary.
• Take measurements of flooring area to use in determining final price.
• Facilitate measuring using custom measuring tools.
• Engage in active negotiations with customers on price using Empire pricing guidelines.
• Take payments from customers for products sold.
• Merchandise all products in store according to company specifications.
• Maintain area of responsibility with respect to cleanliness, product display, and pricing.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Three years’ experience in a retail sales environment.
• Experience in the flooring industry is a plus.
• Customer relations experience desired.
• Knowledge of Empire products, services, and organizational structure helpful.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a personable and professional demeanor at all times.
• Good ability to make decisions based on facts on hand to negotiate on Empire’s behalf.
• Excellent ability to use clear, concise diction and professional vocabulary.
• Detail oriented.
• Basic proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and MS Excel.
• Ability to use an electronic tablet as a sales and measuring tool.
• Good ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Enthusiastic and friendly attitude.
• Ability to create and exhibit a sense of ownership.