Posted on Jul. 11, 2017
Restaurant Supervisor will be responsible for ensure exceptional service to all guests and have the ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment that is consistent and continually in accordance to the Autograph Collection standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.
• Responsible for sales and profit in their area
• Responsible for daily function of the restaurant operation to include the bars.
• Ensure that scheduled functions are complete and are set up accurately
• Assist in maintaining a motivated, interactive positive team
• Assist with training staff
• Maintain professionalism with team members, managers and guests.
• Open and close shift in accordance with the managers checklist
• Greet guests, initiate conversations with guests and solicit feedback from guests.
• Handle daily scheduling of team members and make adjustments when necessary
• Implement proper tools for running shifts: e.g. Schedules, floor plans, reservations, etc.
• Solve team member issues such as call outs or any other daily issue that should arise with team members
• Find solutions to guest issues such as last minute changes in reservations, cancellations, etc.
• Stay on the floor the entire meal period
• Monitor hours and watch the flow of business and make cuts appropriately as to not negatively affect the service levels.
• Ensure daily side work has been completed prior to staff leaving
• Ensure team is in proper uniform / approved attire
• Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
• Monitor and maintain tables
• Rotate stations fairly
• Demonstrate positive communication with team
• Maintain fair and consistent coaching and counseling
• Attend meetings as necessary
• Communicate and maintain positive inter-departmental relations
• Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
• Communicate with managers and next shift any issues
• Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or higher
• Previous hospitality experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Ability to work long hours as needed
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
• Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary