Posted on Jul. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
New Horizons Food Services a fine dining restaurant located inside Mallard Cove Senior Living is now hiring for Wait Staff
Provide full-scope, hands on serving functions in the community food and beverage program; responsible for maintaining a superior level of quality, service, and cleanliness at all times. Success factors are the combination of skills, attributes, and behaviors that, when applied, produce individual and organizational success.
Essential Job Functions:
• Exemplify at all times company standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and organization.
• Exhibit leadership and management standards with all wait/bus/utility/management staff.
• Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards at all times.
• Exhibit dining room appearance and presentation standards at all times.
• Exemplify company standards of fully staffed, operational, and stocked dining room.
• Exhibit serving standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
• Knowledge in areas of serving, preparation and shift organization.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• From time to time may assist in the performance of other duties as assigned to, but not necessarily limited to, dishwashing including the proper washing, sanitation, and maintenance of pots, pans, sheet pans, cutlery, cutting boards, china, glassware, flatware, and other food service related equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent education, training and experience.
Years of Experience:
• Minimum of one-year restaurant/senior living or equivalent serving experience.
• Dining room organization and preparation hands-on responsibilities.
• Teamwork role with all wait/bus/utility staff jobs and schedules.
• Knowledge in areas of the local health department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Demonstrated passion and mission orientation.
• Good inter-department communication and teamwork skills.
• Knowledge in areas of wait/service and line cook communication to other wait/bus/utility person/management staff.
• Typing, word processing, spreadsheet.
1. List tools, equipment, machines, computers and software used on the job:
• All beverage dispensing equipment, china, flatware, glasses, linen, bus trays/carts, hot and cold food holding equipment, calculator
2. Physical activities of the position:
• Lifts and carries up to 50lbs occasionally
• Pushes and pulls up to 50lbs occasionally
• Climbs reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Talks and listens
• Stands and walks eight hours per day (combined) in an eight-hour day
• Employee handles food frequently
3. Physical requirements of the job:
• Medium work – exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs of force constantly to move objects
4. Visual acuity requirements, including color, depth perception, & field of vision:
• Production ability to operate equipment correctly, determine completion of cooking cycle by visual detection, maintain safe level work lighting standards, detect color coded equipment for identification, read
5. Environmental factors:
• Worker is subject to both environmental conditions – activities occur both inside and outside
• The work is subject to extreme heat, hazards and other environmental conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gasses, or poor ventilation (oven cleaners)
Apply Today by email, phone or in person