Posted on Nov. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Applebee's has immediate openings for Restaurant Managers at our Indianapolis locations.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Deferred Compensation Program
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance for you and your dependents
• Domestic Partner Benefits – same sex or opposite sex
• Pay for Performance culture where employees are rewarded for performance based on agreed upon objectives and ratings targets
• Business casual dress
Other duties may be assigned, but essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Manages Restaurant Environment:
• Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines, achieving established objectives of the unit on shopper reports.
• Directs overall activities and performance of employees on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Fosters a culture in accordance with the Apple American Group Gold Card of Values and Beliefs.
• Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints to self and staff.
• Ensures guest contact as a priority with completion of required table visits established by Apple American standards.
• Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
• Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards, utilizing line checks to Apple American standards.
• Effectively schedules employees to meet sales demands.
• Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
• Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
• Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
• Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager/Area Director of needed repairs.
• Advises AD/EGM/GM of any non-routine situations.
• Communicates with other manager daily through management log and shift change meetings.
• Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Manages Employee Performance:
• Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
• Promotes Apple American Group training procedures of new managers.
• Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company policy and training systems.
• Determines job assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Participates in the constant development of employees, using One-on-One and Positive Performance Reports, and contributes to the completion of written evaluations.
• Assesses the effectiveness of employees, provides candid, fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with employees on their areas of development.
• Monitors acceptable employee performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action. Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork for employee files.
• Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
• Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
• Assures compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
• Complies with all cash handling procedure
• Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the AD/EGM/GM’s request and is accountable for completion.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the AD/EGM/GM.
• Assures sanitation standards meet or exceed Health Department standards.
• Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
• Provides a role model for managers and employees.
• Exhibits a professional image.
• Develops self on all store related technology.
• Utilizes the Management Development Program for continuous growth of management skills and competencies.
• Is responsible to learn the limits on authority.