Posted on Nov. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Applebee's has immediate openings for Restaurant Managers at our Indianapolis locations.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Deferred Compensation Program
• Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance for you and your dependents
• Domestic Partner Benefits – same sex or opposite sex
• Pay for Performance culture where employees are rewarded for performance based on agreed upon objectives and ratings targets
• Business casual dress
Other duties may be assigned, but essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Manages Restaurant Environment:
• Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines, achieving established objectives of the unit on shopper reports.
• Directs overall activities and performance of employees on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Fosters a culture in accordance with the Apple American Group Gold Card of Values and Beliefs.
• Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints to self and staff.
• Ensures guest contact as a priority with completion of required table visits established by Apple American standards.
• Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
• Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards, utilizing line checks to Apple American standards.
• Effectively schedules employees to meet sales demands.
• Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
• Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
• Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
• Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager/Area Director of needed repairs.
• Advises AD/EGM/GM of any non-routine situations.
• Communicates with other manager daily through management log and shift change meetings.
• Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Manages Employee Performance:
• Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
• Promotes Apple American Group training procedures of new managers.
• Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company policy and training systems.
• Determines job assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Participates in the constant development of employees, using One-on-One and Positive Performance Reports, and contributes to the completion of written evaluations.
• Assesses the effectiveness of employees, provides candid, fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with employees on their areas of development.
• Monitors acceptable employee performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action. Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork for employee files.
• Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
• Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
• Assures compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
• Complies with all cash handling procedure
• Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the AD/EGM/GM’s request and is accountable for completion.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the AD/EGM/GM.
• Assures sanitation standards meet or exceed Health Department standards.
• Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
• Provides a role model for managers and employees.
• Exhibits a professional image.
• Develops self on all store related technology.
• Utilizes the Management Development Program for continuous growth of management skills and competencies.
• Is responsible to learn the limits on authority.
Experience requirements• Two years prior management experience in a similar organization.
QualificationsADA Requirements/Physical Qualifications:
• Mobility required during the entire shift, up to 10 hours.
• Stands during entire shift.
• Reaching, bending, squatting and stooping while serving customers and cleaning table tops, table legs, picking up debris off of the floor, and wiping down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
• Reading, writing and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Able to operate blenders, frozen drink machines and other bar equipment.
• Frequent immersion of hands in water every five minutes.
• Transport up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout a shift.
• Ability to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on both high and low shelves.
• Work indoors, outdoors.
• Work frequently in and prolonged exposure to a hot and damp environment.
• Work frequently in and prolonged exposure to a sub-40 degree (F) environment.
• Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
• Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment
• Capable of using POS and Back Office computer system.
• Ability to work in environment that includes wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
• Ability to arrive on time for each scheduled shift and work throughout the shift (aside from legally-required breaks) per the schedule and restaurant demands.
• Ability to give appropriate notice for any need to deviate - in any way - from one’s scheduled shift.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English and listen attentively to employees, guests, vendors, and visitors.
Work hoursAll shifts available.
At Applebee's, we know that a diverse culture means more than just recognizing our differences. A truly diverse culture allows you the opportunity and freedom to be yourself. We are committed to celebrating diversity and to fostering a diverse working community that reflects the vibrant neighborhoods that surround our restaurants. Applebee's is an Equal Opportunity Employer.