Posted on Sep. 15, 2017
The Department of Veterans Affairs 24/7 long term care facility is currently seeking Registered Nurses in Claremore, OK. Available RN positions range from seasoned experience to freshly licensed.
The RN is assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and administering medications and other treatments.
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide array of benefits for full-time staff along with competitive salaries and creative scheduling.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions performed by employees in this position will vary but may include the following:
• Assess health status of individuals, families and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions and care.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit or other setting following all Federal, State and agency policies and procedures.
• Educates individuals, families, communities and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides limited direction, instruction or guidance to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and thorough assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available healthcare resources. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan/program; to provide education and training; to administer medications; to perform treatments; to assess condition and needs of patients; and to provide direction or guidance to personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. Knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures.
Education and Experience requirements consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.