Posted on May. 16, 2017
If you are looking for a career in a rapidly expanding, community based hospital, Saint Francis Muskogee in beautiful Northeast Oklahoma is the place for you! Saint Francis Muskogee offers aggressive sign on bonuses, incentives, call pay, competitive wages, fabulous benefits and more!
We compensate for experience and quality. Relocation assistance provided, if needed.
We believe that Saint Francis Muskogee is a great place to be a nurse. Our goal is to provide more effective care and make the practice of nursing more rewarding. Our nurses are committed to providing care that exceeds our patients’ expectations. We are a Studer based organization and accredited by the The Joint Commission.
Registered Nurses are needed in the following areas:
• Emergency Room
• Critical Care (ICU/PCU)
• Operating Room
• Labor & Delivery
• OB/Maternal Child
• Provides professional nursing care in a 320 bed hospital for the comfort and well being of patients.
• Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds and monitors patient vital signs.
• Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction and progress.
• Notifies Team Leader and physician of patient's change of condition.
• Following training and competency assessment, performs point of care testing as required.
REQUIREMENTS - Licensure, Registration, Certifications:
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) from an approved American Heart Association training program or CPR for the Professional Rescuer from the American Red Cross.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from an approved American Heart Association training program required within one year of hire if assigned to the Emergency Room, Intensive Care, Endoscopy, Same Day Surgery, PACU and Operating Room units.
• Fetal Heart Monitoring Principals & Practices from an approved Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses training program required within one year of hire if assigned to the Labor/Delivery and Obstetrics units.
• Emergency room staff must have Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) ,Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), and NIHSS (American Stroke Association) training within 1 year of employment.
Graduate of a Registered Nursing program either Bachelor or Associates degree in Nursing.
One year of clinical experience is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Must possess good human relations/communication skills; application of nursing process; critical thinking/judgment making skills.
• Mental stress is a normal part of this position.
• The incumbent will be required to deal with stressful situations in the daily performance of his/her job and will frequently be required to adapt to routine interruptions and challenges.
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge/skills necessary to provide the care appropriate to age of the patients served.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth/development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status in addition to being able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs.
• New increased base rates for full-time RNs!!
Saint Francis Muskogee is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package generously subsidized by the facility. Benefits are available for full-time employees scheduled to work 32+ hours per week and part-time employees scheduled to work 20-31 hours per week.
• Health Savings Account
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
• Spouse Life and AD&D Insurance
• Child Life and AD&D Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program and Work Life Services
• Onsite Daycare with payroll deduct available
• Travel Assistance Program
• Beneficiary Support Services
• 401(K) Retirement Plan
• Discount Programs
• Time Off