Posted on Mar. 27, 2018
The Department of Veterans Affairs a 24/7 long term facility is currently seeking Registered Nurses in Claremore, OK.
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide array of benefits for full-time staff along with competitive salaries and creative scheduling.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications and medical treatments as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.