Posted on Jul. 13, 2017
San Antonio State Hospital is currently hiring Registered Nurses!
********** Please note that you MUST complete an online application to be considered for this position. Click Apply Now to be directed to the online app! *****************
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
Initial Selection Criteria:
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact. Or a new graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse nursing program.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
1. Extensive knowledge of nursing procedures and practices.
2. Extensive knowledge of the Texas Nursing Practice Act, Rules and Regulation of the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
3. Ability to provide population-specific, evidence-based nursing care at the proficient or expert level to an assigned patient population.
4. Ability to perform an extensive assessment of the patients nursing care needs to include medical, psychological, and social needs.
5. Ability to formulate population-specific nursing diagnoses for the assigned patient population.
6. Knowledge of leadership or management principles as the apply to the unit or hospital setting.
7. Knowledge of teaching principles in order to provide both patient and staff education.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with others in one-to-one or group interactions.
9. Comprehensive knowledge of safe and appropriate use of restraint or seclusion as an intervention in the psychiatric setting.
10. Ability to develop and implement evidence-based nursing interventions appropriate to the assigned population. 11. Ability to provide leadership in the management of both medical and psychiatric emergencies.
12. Ability to obtain certification for basic CPR and ability to perform and/or supervise the implementation of CPR in the clinical setting.
13. Ability to complete PMAB 1 - 32. prior to work on patient care unit.
This position is located at the San Antonio State Hospital and is a Tobacco Free Facility. All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, Department of Public Safety criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), and Employee Misconduct Registry. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must successfully complete required background checks to include pre-employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting, and applicable government background databases, based on the position they are hired for.
All new employees are required to attend paid orientation/training for the first month of their employment from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday.
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 68C, 66N/P/W, 290X, 46FX, 46NX, 46SX.