Posted on Sep. 28, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
The Blood Center of Central Texas is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood and tissue with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
The Clinical Services Program works closely with physician offices and hospitals to meet the needs of patients/donors referred to make autologous, therapeutic, and directed donations. We are hiring a Clinical Apheresis Nurse to perform and oversee patients/donors while they undergo these donation procedures.
• Screen potential clinical patients/ donors, including autologous, directed/ dedicated donors, as well as therapeutic whole blood and double red cell patients.
• Qualify apheresis and cellular therapy patients according to established organizational procedures and contracting partner policies.
• Review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable.
• Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo donation.
• Respond to reactions, identify/treat symptoms, administer medications as ordered, and assist with bladder needs, as required.
• Access central venous catheters (CVC), perform CVC flush and anticoagulation; change CVC dressing; instruct patients on CVC care.
• Accurately record all procedure results, documentation and issued instructions in database and/or on required forms.
• Serve as liaison for patients and ordering physicians.
• Act as back up for scheduling/confirming all clinical donation appointments and maintaining all appointment schedules.
• Participate in rotating call schedule for external clinical procedures with contracting facilities.
• Must have an active unencumbered RN licensure in the State of Texas and hold a CPR certification.
• At least one year nursing experience in a hospital setting, oncology unit or clinic. A minimum of three years donor qualification related functions in a blood center may be substituted for some clinical experience.
• Phlebotomy experience required.
• ICU, ER, pediatrics, apheresis, dialysis and/or oncology experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
• Possess compassionate interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, hold a valid Texas driver’s license, maintain an acceptable driving record, and have proof of liability insurance.
• Must be available to work full-time, Monday – Friday, with ability to participate in the rotating evening/weekend on-call schedule.
Apply at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15328081.
Interested in The Blood Center, but not this job? Check us out at www.inyourhands.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization and help save lives!
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled