at UF Health
Posted on Mar. 6, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
• Must have minimum two years of Nursing work experience in ICU, CCU, ER or Procedural Area.
• Unique opportunity to accelerate your nursing career!
• Enjoy one-on-one patient care in our state of the art Interventional Radiology department at our academic teaching hospital and grow your career!
About UF Health Jacksonville:
UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida. University of Florida Health, the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center, which encompasses our hospitals, physician practices, colleges, centers, institutes, programs and services across northeast and north central Florida and south Georgia, with more than 70 specialties represented. UF Health Jacksonville is also home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services.
UF Health Trauma Center is unique in that it is one of only a few Level 1 trauma centers in the United States with a fully operational ‘hybrid operating room’ dedicated exclusively to trauma and acute surgical emergencies. The hybrid operating room allows for a timely, multidisciplinary approach for trauma/acute care surgeons, vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists to simultaneously utilize a full range of open, endovascular and minimally invasive interventions for injuries and hemorrhage control.
The Interventional Radiology (IR) Department at UF Health Jacksonville, both Downtown and North campuses, provide pre-procedural, intra-procedural and immediate post-procedural care for adult, geriatric and pediatric patients presenting to the department for interventional radiology procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic. Operating on two Jacksonville campuses, our newest facility opened in 2015. We offer state of the art operations utilizing both Siemens and GE equipment having multiple procedure rooms equipped to perform fluoroscopy, CT and 3D Imaging.
UF Health also has a dedicated Stroke Center and is in process of achieving certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. We have a growing Neuro Interventional Division.
Comprehensive Compensation Package
UF Health provides our employees with a very comprehensive compensation package. Full and part-time employees working 40 or more hours per 2 week pay period will qualify.
Benefits begin the first day of employment. Summary of our Employee Benefits package includes:
• Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
• 401K Retirement
• Paid Personal Leave
• Available six months employment: Tuition Reimbursement
Achieving Nursing Excellence at UF Health Jacksonville!
As an organization that is committed to nursing excellence, we have embraced the use of nursing research and evidence-based practices to influence the way that we conduct our work within nursing. We demonstrate our ability to meet the standards for nursing care related to clinical competency and assessment, education, cultural diversity and collaboration by using a performance measurement and improvement process.
In our organization, nurses are the vital link between receiving average care and receiving excellent care. We are committed to hiring a nursing workforce that wants to practice autonomously yet in collaboration with the healthcare team. Nurses who want to improve their practice each day by asking the simple question of "why" are the nurses we want filling our clinical center units.
To attract these well-educated and compassionate nurses to our organization, we have established a number of programs to enhance nursing at UF Health Jacksonville. Some of these programs include:
- Tuition reimbursement, support and encouragement for educational advancement.
- Professional recognition program that provides nurses with an avenue to receive a monetary bonus for actively participating in the practice of nursing.
- A new nurse fellowship program designed to assist the new nurse with transitioning into the role of a professional nurse. The program provides the new nurse with the tools needed to demonstrate the core competencies required for the entry-level nurse at UF Health Jacksonville.
- A critical care fellowship program for the promotion of our qualified medical-surgical nurses desiring an opportunity for career advancement into an intensive care setting.
UF Health Jacksonville was renewed as a Magnet® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), having originally received the designation in 2011. UF Health Jacksonville is an Academic Center and there is a multitude of professional development and career growth opportunities!
We invite you to connect with our recruiter today to learn more about us!!
Education requirementsRequired Education:
• Associate's Degree; Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• BSN Degree
**Please Note: New hires effective August 1, 2013, must have a BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing within 3 years of hire or transfer into the position, and must be enrolled in a BSN program within 12 months of hire.
Experience requirementsRequired Experience:
• 1-2 Years of experience in the ER, ICU, CCU, Radiology, or procedural areas (GI Lab, Cath Lab, etc) as a Registered Nurse.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience.
• Current licensure as RN in Florida
• BLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• ACLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• Must have PALS from the American Heart Association within one year of hire or transfer
• Professional Certification Preferred.
• Professional certification preferred.
ResponsibilitiesThe Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process and standards of practice for a professional nurse. The RN is expected to perform all staff nurse activities and function as charge nurse when assigned. The RN maintains overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients, even though some activities/tasks may be delegated to Technical Nurses, Patient Care Associates, and/or Sitters. Assignments are performed appropriately to age and developmental level of patients being served.
The Registered Nurse (RN) in Interventional Radiology (IR) provides nursing care to scheduled inpatient, outpatient, routine, emergent, and trauma patients needing an interventional procedure using imaging equipment in a dedicated aseptic radiology environment.
The IR nurse utilizes the nursing process and the standards of care of a professional nurse and functions as a team member with technologists, anesthesia providers, and proceduralist MDs. The RN is expected to perform all staff nurse activities in the pre-op, procedural and post-op phases of care. The IR nurse is expected to administer moderate sedation. The Registered Nurse (RN) in Interventional Radiology provides nursing care to scheduled inpatient, outpatient, routine, emergent, and trauma patients needing an interventional procedure using imaging equipment in a dedicated aseptic radiology environment.
Age of Patients Served: All Age Groups.
1. Demonstrates teamwork and communicates in a professional manner with all members of the healthcare team.
2. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply computer technologies and procedures that affect patient care delivery.
Work hoursWorks four 10 hour shifts; Mon thru Friday
On Call required on rotating basis.
Jacksonville Florida - Things to Know
The largest city in Florida and in the US - with a gorgeous coastline and multiple beaches.
1. Huge beach community - 20 miles of pristine beaches.
2. St Johns River - featuring waterfront dining, events and entertainment, river cruises
3. Football - Jaguars AFC Champions in 2017 and host of Gator Bowl; world's largest stadium video display
4. Jazz - Northeast Florida hosts some of the top-rated Jazz Musicians at our Jacksonville and Amelia Island festivals and the Ocean Seawalk Pavilion "Spring the Blues" festival.
5. Multicultural Diversity City hosting the 3 day World of Nations
6. Top rated education with St Johns County Public Schools rated the best in the state
7. Veteran Friendly City and it's own Veterans Memorial Wall honoring fallen soldiers in all 6 branches of service, Veterans Day Parade
8. Arts/Theatre - Florida Theatre and First Wednesday Art Walk, Light Boat Parade, World Arts Film Festival, Hemming Park, Daily's Place Outdoor Entertainment
9. Vacationing - one of 5 Florida cities with cruise port access; St Augustine the oldest city in the nation.