at UF Health
Posted on Mar. 6, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
• Must have minimum two years of Nursing work experience in ICU, CCU, ER, Radiology or Procedural Area.
• Unique opportunity to accelerate your nursing career!
• Enjoy one-on-one patient care in our state of the art Interventional Radiology department at our academic teaching hospital and grow your career!
We have a unique opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Interventional Radiology Team!
About UF Health Jacksonville:
UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida. University of Florida Health, the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center, which encompasses our hospitals, physician practices, colleges, centers, institutes, programs and services across northeast and north central Florida and south Georgia, with more than 70 specialties represented. UF Health Jacksonville is also home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services.
UF Health Trauma Center is unique in that it is one of only a few Level 1 trauma centers in the United States with a fully operational ‘hybrid operating room’ dedicated exclusively to trauma and acute surgical emergencies. The hybrid operating room allows for a timely, multidisciplinary approach for trauma/acute care surgeons, vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists to simultaneously utilize a full range of open, endovascular and minimally invasive interventions for injuries and hemorrhage control.
The Interventional Radiology (IR) Department at UF Health Jacksonville, both Downtown and North campuses, provide pre-procedural, intra-procedural and immediate post-procedural care for adult, geriatric and pediatric patients presenting to the department for interventional radiology procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic. Operating on two Jacksonville campuses, our newest facility opened in 2015. We offer state of the art operations utilizing both Siemens and GE equipment having multiple procedure rooms equipped to perform fluoroscopy, CT and 3D Imaging.
UF Health also has a dedicated Stroke Center and is in process of achieving certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. We have a growing Neuro Interventional Division.
Comprehensive Compensation Package
UF Health provides our employees with a very comprehensive compensation package. Full and part-time employees working 40 or more hours per 2 week pay period will qualify.
Benefits begin the first day of employment. Summary of our Employee Benefits package includes:
• Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
• 401K Retirement
• Paid Personal Leave
• Available six months employment: Tuition Reimbursement
Achieving Nursing Excellence at UF Health Jacksonville!
As an organization that is committed to nursing excellence, we have embraced the use of nursing research and evidence-based practices to influence the way that we conduct our work within nursing. We demonstrate our ability to meet the standards for nursing care related to clinical competency and assessment, education, cultural diversity and collaboration by using a performance measurement and improvement process.
In our organization, nurses are the vital link between receiving average care and receiving excellent care. We are committed to hiring a nursing workforce that wants to practice autonomously yet in collaboration with the healthcare team. Nurses who want to improve their practice each day by asking the simple question of "why" are the nurses we want filling our clinical center units.
To attract these well-educated and compassionate nurses to our organization, we have established a number of programs to enhance nursing at UF Health Jacksonville. Some of these programs include:
- Tuition reimbursement, support and encouragement for educational advancement.
- Professional recognition program that provides nurses with an avenue to receive a monetary bonus for actively participating in the practice of nursing.
- A new nurse fellowship program designed to assist the new nurse with transitioning into the role of a professional nurse. The program provides the new nurse with the tools needed to demonstrate the core competencies required for the entry-level nurse at UF Health Jacksonville.
- A critical care fellowship program for the promotion of our qualified medical-surgical nurses desiring an opportunity for career advancement into an intensive care setting.
UF Health Jacksonville was renewed as a Magnet® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), having originally received the designation in 2011. UF Health Jacksonville is an Academic Center and there is a multitude of professional development and career growth opportunities!
We invite you to connect with our recruiter today to learn more about us!!