Posted on Apr. 27, 2018
Hope Home Care is Christian faith-based, locally owned and operated agency that has been providing in-home skilled nursing, home health aide services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and medical social worker services to clients in Southwest Ohio since 2012. Our well-trained health care professionals work closely with patients, their families and their physicians to provide seamless care 7 days a week.
We are currently hiring an RN case manager.
The RN plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
• Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
• Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
• Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
• Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
• Furnishes those services requiring substantial & specialized nursing skills.
• Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
• Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
• Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
• Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
• Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
• Prepares clinical notes and progress notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
• Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
• Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
• Participates in in-service programs and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
• Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
• Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
• Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.