at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 1, 2017
STATE: California (US-CA)
COUNTRY: United States
The Regional Manager provides leadership and direction for field sales. He/she develops, validates, delivers and/or manages the delivery of sales training programs and related activities, as well as acts as key communication link between the sales team and senior sales management team.
This position is with our Harvest Technologies segment of business, and the position reports to a Global VP of Sales.
When it comes to point of care cellular therapy, Terumo BCT's Harvest Technology is the leader in the market, and we are proud to be shaping the future of stem cell therapy. Our autologous point of care cell therapy technologies helps clinicians harness the biologic potential of concentrated blood, bone marrow, and adipose tissue found within the patient's own body. This therapy is helpful in biological processes such as tissue regeneration and bone formation. More information about our product portfolio can be found here:
* Responsible for profit/loss, products margin, and managing sales to maintain database.
* Responsible for assessing training needs and conceptualizing programs. Program development responsibilities require creativity, a high level of expertise in applying training theory and methodology, and the ability to lay out complex information in an understandable and usable format.
* Significant responsibility in maintaining relationships with customers and other blood banking professionals and representatives of professional organizations with whom the business is affiliated, and professional/management levels within the business. Influences matters of moderate to high impact.
* Develops, presents, and/or directs the development and presentation of sales and/or clinical applications training programs, customer training, trainer training, symposiums, and seminars.
* Develops, writes, and distributes a wide variety of information for field associates relating to sales techniques, selling strategy, competitor data, etc.
* Responds to requests for technical information, determining appropriate sources of technical expertise for obtaining the information as needed.
* Manages and provides leadership for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 10 years experience
* Demonstrated and effective leadership and managerial skills.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently manage and develop sales people while achieving sales goals profitably.
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge of, and demonstrated ability at, implementing sales and/or field training programs.
* Analytical thinking skills and the ability to solve complex problems and offer simple solutions with creativity and good judgment.
* Ability to work effectively and comfortably with blood banking professionals, sales associates, and all levels within the organization.
* Ability to successfully negotiate on non-routine matters of moderate to high impact.
* Requires ability to direct and manage the sales and in-servicing activities of a region.
* Working knowledge of general accounting and financial analysis.
* Knowledge of the Industry (Blood Banking, Medical Device, Hospital, and Healthcare) preferred.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Extensive travel (>50%) required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
CITY: Los Angeles
STATE: California (US-CA)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.