Posted on Mar. 30, 2018
$14.00– $24.00 Hourly
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Profit sharing, 401k / Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Life Insurance
CDL-A Drivers are home daily. Must have active CDL-A license to drive various trucks in our fleet including tractor trailer flatbeds, van trailers, dump trailers, lugger trucks, roll off trucks.
Sims Brothers Recycling offers:
• Home Daily
• Competitive Weekly Pay
• Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
• Paid for all hours on the clock – not just drive time
• Uniforms Provided
• Full Benefits
Education requirementsClass A CDL - No Experience Necessary
High School Diploma (GED equivalent)
Experience requirementsCDL-A License
QualificationsValid CDL Class-A Driver's License
Successfully pass DOT required drug screen
Acceptable Driving Record
ResponsibilitiesDrive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW, to transport materials.
• May be required to load and unload truck and use automated routing equipment.
• Operates company-owned trucks over 4 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations
• Operates trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials
• Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking oil, water, fuel, and air in tires
• Perform required before, during and after operation "user maintenance" and provide required reports
• Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to vehicles immediately to safety department
• Checks all load related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
• Operates equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
• Maintains logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
• Completes work orders as requested
• Converses professionally with Line Haul Dispatcher at respected locations to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed for the load being dropped off
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
• Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition
• Locks and/or tags equipment when working on or around it in accordance with company and legislative requirements
• Cleans, tarps and un-tarps trailers and boxes as required
• Cleans customer sites before and after moving boxes or trailers to ensure a clean and safe work site.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Skills• Time Management
• Safety Conscientious
• Reads for Comprehension
• Effective Communicator
Work hoursHome Daily
Work 40 to 55 hours per week
Overtime paid over 40 hours