Posted on Nov. 8, 2017
The Department of Veterans Affairs 24/7 long term care facility is currently seeking Recreational Activities Specialist in Claremore, OK.
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide array of benefits for full-time staff along with competitive salaries.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to planning, organizing, directing and conducting individual and group leisure-time and physical education activities in a hospital, institution or school.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Plans, organizes and conducts various leisure-time and physical education activities, prepares scheduled events and insures that required equipment and other materials are in place.
• Plans and directs group activities aimed at developing appropriate group interaction behavior, a sense of team work and fairness, interpersonal communication skills and cooperation and ensures that order and discipline are maintained during recreation periods.
• Supervises, coaches and instructs indoor and outdoor team and athletic events.
• Teaches physical education, hygiene, sanitation and good personal habits.
• Participates in the maintenance, procurement and selection of athletic equipment, facilities, supplies and other materials for leisure-time activities and physical education programs.
CAREER LEVEL II:
This is the career level where incumbents will be assigned responsibilities at the full performance level for performing duties at all levels of complexity and may provide training and guidance to others in completing various recreational activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of recreational, athletic and group work principles and techniques; of the fundamentals and rules of common sports; and of first aid treatment techniques. Ability is required to conduct group activities; to supervise and instruct; to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action; and to act quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreation or recreational therapy; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.