Posted on Oct. 1, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
The Travis County Medical Society (TCMS) is a professional association of over 3,600 licensed physicians in the Greater Austin Area. We address the needs of physicians in an ever-changing healthcare environment and offer solutions that will help practices, clinics, and facilities manage the medical information they maintain.
We are hiring a client-focused Records Coordinator in our Document and Data Services department to coordinate the delivery and retrieval of medical records for clients, maintain an electronic inventory of all stored records, and supervises warehouse staff.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Monitor, track, fulfill and document incoming client requests for retrieval and delivery of patient records.
• Authorize and fulfill patient requests for copies of medical records.
• Accurately record and process orders for destruction of medical records.
• Provide inventory reports to management as needed.
• Develop and maintain departmental procedures.
• Promptly and accurately enter and submit billing activity.
• HS diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
• Minimum three year experience in a medical records environment.
• Prefer 2 -3 years of supervisory experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be proficient in software packages such as Word and Excel.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, bend and stoop, as well as place or retrieve items in a cargo van.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of documents and have excellent customer service skills.
Interested in TCMS, but not this job? Check us out at www.TCMS.com to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled