Posted on Aug. 18, 2016
The RECEPTIONIST is responsible for responding to the incoming telephone calls and greeting visitors in a manner, which conveys a friendly, caring, interested, helpful, and home-like atmosphere. He/She answers calls on the multi-line switchboard, routing calls to the appropriate departments, residents, or employees. He/She is responsible for initiating fire and safety systems that are located at the Front Desk and relays emergency situations as they are reported.
The following is a representative list of duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
* Answer the multi-line switchboard, transfer calls, take and deliver messages.
* Greet visitors and guest and provide direction and/or connection to the right person.
* Enter daily census into computer system, prepare reports, and submit end of month summary to Administrator.
* Receive and distribute mail and insure outgoing mail is mailed daily.
* Initiate fire and safety systems.
* Relay emergency information transmitting from Personal Emergency Transmitter (PETS).
* Place 911 calls in emergency situations, relaying ll information in a calm, professional manner.
* Relay telephone "Off the Hook" alerts to appropriate staff.
* Monitor alarms for generator, smoke and Fire Control Systems Alarms and follows through until cleared.
* Operate remote entry system.
* Operate two way radio communication system.
* Maintain documentation of all residents entry and exit from the facility.
* Perform other duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* Must be at least 16 years of age.
* None required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of functions and relationships of departments within a nursing home environment preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple demands at the same time.