Posted on Jul. 26, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Responsible for operating telephone/communication center and serving as the information/referral center for all residents, staff, and departments. Provides services and support to staff in a manner that meets or exceeds facility expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Manner with Residents
• Answers resident’s needs and requests, answers phone calls, takes messages, transfers calls, demonstrates excellent phone and interpersonal skills.
• Addresses resident by name.
• Addresses resident and family members in a respectful manner.
• Accommodates resident within reason.
• Displays exceptional service and customer focus.
Manner with Coworkers
• Addresses coworkers respectfully.
• Assists others without complaint.
• Accepts direction from superiors or other experienced staff.
• Shares job knowledge or resident information with others as needed.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Able to work as a team to accomplish a task.
• Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Accepts constructive criticism.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Quality and Safety
• Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
• Maintains daily resident log and resident emergency information.
• Follows all front desk procedures concerning tracking of residents.
• Answers emergency responder & fire alarm system and takes appropriate emergency steps.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in daily work.
• Influences others in a positive way.
• Often performs “forgotten jobs” without being asked.
• Willingly offers training and support to new or less experienced staff.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Offers suggestions for improving work.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Focus – Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
• Communication – Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members, and customers; listens well.
• Interaction – Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
• Team Work – Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
• Integrity – Able to be tactful; maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevents inappropriate behavior by co-workers; gives proper credit to others; handles all situations honestly.
• Flexibility – Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task to task; adapts to varying customer needs.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position is classified as a Category 1 for the purpose of exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations regarding the Standard of Occupational Exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens (29 CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all procedures or job-related tasks that involve an inherent risk for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills and or splashes of blood or body fluids. The use of protective equipment and measures is required for every employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.
2 Easy Steps to Apply!
Step 1: Complete the Quick Apply form to the right of this posting, you may attach your resume then click APPLY NOW.
Step 2: Call the phone number provided to schedule an interview!