at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 5, 2017
Under general supervision from the RQA Supervisor, performs timely and accurate work on a range of manual and CMM inspections. This can include performing, First Article inspections and inspection requests in compliance with the Company and external regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Operate Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machine.
* Performs highest level of complex testing and modifies any procedures, inspects raw materials using standard or custom tools, and conducts and reports quality assurance trends.
* Performs technical, administrative, and logistical responsibilities in identifying lab or work area needs.
* Serves as a mentor providing coaching and training to less experienced technicians.
* Develops standards, tools, and methods and provides or writes documentation to a level required by the department.
* Maintains and accurately follows protocols, procedures, and records inspection data and test logs.
* Performs standard tests/inspections and assists engineers, designers, or scientists in the simple design and building of tests protocols, test fixtures, prototypes, etc. commensurate with experience level.
* Creates documentation.
* Inspects samples to avoid nonconforming parts from reaching the production floor. Creates PDF's on non conforming product.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Use of metrology tools including coordinate measuring equipment, pin gauges, calipers, and surface plate tools.
* May be required to provide database information to groups.
*MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING A DIFFERENT SHIFT OTHER THAN 1ST SHIFT IF NEEDED*
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Two year technical degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Course work in the following is preferred:
* Lab Sciences: math, chemistry, metrology, biology, physics, hematology, physiology, anatomy or related sciences.
* Equipment Development: hydraulics, electronics, mechanics, or related fields.
* Manufacturing Process: statistics, math or related engineering sciences.
* Software Development: electronics, computer programming or related fields.
* Data Entry/Analysis: math, physics, software or related sciences and/or fields.
Minimum 5 year's experience.
* Preferred experience in operating and programming CMM.
* Strong Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance background.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Requires well developed interpersonal rapport with peers inside and outside the company. Demonstrated ability to interact with regulatory agencies.
* Ability to carry out a wide range of projects and resolve the most complex problems.
* Knowledge of statistical operations and analysis.
* Monitors supplies, and maintains equipment.
* Performs a range of standardized/routine inspections of raw materials and parts using standard tools.
* Proficiency and knowledge of state-of-the-art technology related to their function.
* Requires ability to read component specifications (drawings).
* Advanced knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) or Electronic assembly and specification standards.
* Proficient in advanced complex inspections, and CMM set up, using fixtures and sophisticated metrological equipment.
* Provides engineering support, print interpretation, inspection methods, GD&T.
* Ability to work independently or collaborate with others.
* Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* ASQ professional certification.
* Ability to obtain Certification for Quality Technician (CQT) and/or Certification for Mechanical Inspector (CMI).
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.