at We Are Blood
Posted on Feb. 23, 2018
$14.62– $16.00 Hourly
401k / Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible schedule
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently seeking a Receiving & Distribution Assistant/Clinical Supplies, responsible for the coordination and management of all supplies and materials used by the AMOs, to include logging and distributing supplies, receiving incoming shipments, filling supply requisitions, stocking specified areas, completing departmental controlled forms, and documenting quarantine of supplies. This position is also responsible for maintaining quality practices while continually seeking to improve and expand upon performance and knowledge.
1. Maintain complete familiarity with all job-related departmental SOPs, and quality policies and procedures.
2. Receiving, inspecting, documenting lots and expiration dates, unpacking, and storing all supplies to be housed in Central Supply.
3. Distributing incoming packages to departments/staff, ensuring that critically time-sensitive blood and/or tissue products reach the appropriate department within the required timeframe.
4. Pulling, documenting lots and expiration dates, and delivering requisitioned items to the appropriate departments and/or satellite facilities.
5. Stocking clinical and canteen closets at Lamar location, as well as lower level break room.
6. Regular cleaning and sanitization of Central Supply warehouse.
7. Coordinating any deliveries, pick-ups and returns as needed by departments.
8. Rotating stock based upon expiration dates, and tagging all supplies within six months of expiration with an expiration warning label.
9. Assisting departments with large deliveries
10. Accurately completing all controlled departmental forms, and daily review of completed controlled forms to verify accuracy, completeness and concurrent documentation.
11. Serve as back up for data entry in inventory portion of Great Plains purchasing program, to ensure that all incoming goods are received and entered into Great Plains purchasing program, and that all stock supplies distributed to departments have been transferred in the Great Plains purchasing program.
12. Logging and quality control of various critical supplies received (i.e., BUNs, controlled labels and TempaDots).
13. Responsible for ensuring that all received Purchase Orders, packing slips and computer printouts are forwarded to the accounting department in a timely manner.
14. Responsible for ensuring that all Great Plains transferred item computer printouts are forwarded to the appropriate department by the date required.
15. Logging items placed in quarantine; disposition of quarantined items.
16. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director, Supply Chain.
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of warehouse, and/or receiving, loading, or distribution experience.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb a ladder, reach above shoulders, and occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• Must be able to work a FULL TIME work schedule, Monday – Friday.
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of an acceptable driving record and insurance to operate We Are Blood and United Tissue Resources vehicles.
• Knowledge of medical or clinical supplies/inventory.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be very DETAIL ORIENTED and make sound judgments in a busy/distracting environment.
• Must be able to read and follow SOPs and to maintain complete/accurate records.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family. EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled