Posted on Oct. 17, 2016
The Reserves Network is seeking
Reach Truck Operator
for Riverport area company
1st shift, 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM.
Overtime is mandatory and could be short term notice.
$10.00- $13.00/ hr based on experience.
• Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site or similar location.
• Inspect product load for accuracy, and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
• Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered trucks, cars or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing and storage areas.
• Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams and swivel-hooks, hoists and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport and stack material.
• Position lifting devices under, over or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
• Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices or other transport vehicles.
• Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling or replacing liquefied-gas tank.
• Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
• Move levers and press pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
• Load, unload and move material within warehouse with and without material handling equipment.
• Properly arrange product for freezing.
• Count and record number of units moved or handled daily.
• Maintain equipment and keep in good working condition.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Must pass basic skills test.
• Experience using material handling equipment.
• Experience in a food processing or distribution environment, cooler/freezer background a plus.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Reliable transportation.
• Excellent work ethic.
• Must frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to acquire composite toe boots above the ankle.
• Ability to work in prolonged cold environment.
Apply Online or
in person at our Louisville offices - see apply buttons