at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
QUALITY ENGINEER I
With a focus on receiving quality assurance, this role performs routine functions which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced Engineer. Duties are assigned to provide experience and familiarization with engineering methods, independent thinking, and company practices and policies.
* Participates in project leadership responsibilities, including report writing, planning, scheduling, and cost control
* Provides input into continuous improvement projects
* Writes, executes, and reports on verification and validation activities; coordinates issues specific to the product design specifications
* Writes and executes qualification protocols for various pieces of equipment
* Designs and performs routine testing, project experiments and analysis of data and then reports results
* Initiates new or revisions of procedures, protocols and operating instructions specific to the project
* Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to operating -procedures where appropriate
* Develops process flowcharts, including defining people and material flow issues
* Performs engineering studies on existing and new equipment to determine proper settings, control points, etc. including data gathering during startup and test batches
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work assignments may require additional development and a maturing of in-depth engineering skill(s) or breadth
* May work with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing and regulatory compliance issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
No prior experience required.
* Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to technical problems, makes appropriate decisions, and meets time constraints
* Planning skills to prioritize and execute multiple projects
* Problem solving orientation to diagnose root causes and recommend solutions in assigned area
* Knowledge of manufacturing protocols, statistical tools, methodology, and continuous improvement techniques preferred
* Able to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals and results
* Shows initiative as a self-starter to complete tasks as assigned
* Willing to seek guidance while carrying out instructions furnished in written or verbal form and takes task approach to ensure assignments are accomplished according the guidelines and schedules
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Requires travel based on business needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.