Posted on Aug. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Founded in 1993, Austin Materials takes great pride in offering our clients and team members with top quality service and dedication of a construction/paving business with the resources and reach of an industrial-scale service provider. We have repaved interstate highways & improved the Austin and San Antonio residential areas. We believe in a team effort whereby Together Everyone Achieves More.
If you live by the Texas Way (Pride, Honesty, Integrity, Teamwork) and are up for a challenging and rewarding career, keep reading.
Position Description Summary:
The function of the Quality Control Quality Assurance Field Specialist is a working position. As required this position will be involved in the daily functions of all aspects of the plant and field. This position will also maintain contact with customers (paving superintendents) in order to meet those needs.
Other functional roles include:
• This position will complete the daily work logs as well as maintain a production record to identify the performance of the field results and the specifications of the mix produced.
• To work continually with the staff and managers in improving the performance of the plant and field without sacrificing quality, customer requirements, and environmental issues.
Must be an individual with a background and understanding of asphalt production and placement, equipment maintenance, logistics, and the use of plant and field equipment. This must be a self–actuating person, capable of creating a drive and interest in the subordinates to perform to the standards set by the business.
The individual in this position must be capable of solving and defusing on-site difficulties each day. This may involve the trucking company, quarry foreman, paving superintendent, TxDot inspectors and environmental inspectors.
• Education: A high school education or equivalent is required.
• Experience: Construction experience in commercial asphalt production and placement is a plus.
Licenses/Certification: A current and valid motor vehicle operator permit (driver’s license) is required. This position requires a TxDOT level IB and capability of running all test associated with Item 340, 346, 342, 344, 3224, and 3239.
• Medical and Pharmacy
• Basic Life Insurance Available
• Short and Long Term Disability
• 401K - 4% Match
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Program
• Subsidized Gym-Membership
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the team!