at We Are Blood
Posted on Mar. 2, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting patient needs for allograft tissue. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their grief.
We are currently hiring a Quality Control Coordinator. This individual will perform quality control compilation for tissue records and provide support to all quality control functions.
• Ensure that all Tissue records comply with all FDA/AATB regulations, cGMP and cGTP requirements, UTR standard operating procedures, quality practices and guidelines, and shared service partner requirements.
• Compile all documentation of donor records post-recovery.
• Maintain MSDS materials for UTR products.
• Request pending donor chart information from shared service partners to include but not limited to additional medical records, autopsy reports, and EMS run sheets.
• Request and track pending donor chart information for final compilation, such as autopsy reports, final culture results, and death certificates.
• Send donor chart information to shared service partners.
• Monitor all tissue storage equipment, independently analyze/troubleshoot equipment-related issues, and perform routine storage equipment temperature monitoring and alarm checks including use of the REES system, as required.
• Report equipment issues to QC Coordinators.
• Perform equipment and software validations for the QC and Distribution departments
• Participate in the calibration and preventative maintenance programs for Distribution related equipment
• Review and organize all Tissue QC related documentation of order related activities, receiving and inventory records for compliance with all FDA/AATB regulations, cGMP/cGTP requirements, UTR quality practices and shared service partner requirements.
• Enter information into tracking databases, and review for accuracy
• Assist the Surgical Recovery department with instrument sterilization and tissue shipment, as needed. Provide order and courier support to Tissue Distribution as needed
• Rotate through on-call QC and Tissue Distribution schedules
• Meet and exceed customer expectations and adhere to established quality practices.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Software.
• Quality assurance and/or quality control experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills required.
• Requires excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
• Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to work well as part of a team.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
• Must be able to work a full time schedule, Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
• Must be available for on-call rotation.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org/careers/ to see how you else you can be a part of our organization. EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled