Posted on Apr. 11, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401k / Retirement Plan
Founded in 1975, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15 employees servicing mostly Phosphate industry. Today, Mid-State Industrial Services employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power, Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication, dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve repair. MS is equipped with industry experts, 200,000 square foot of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35 tons allowing MS to meet all of our clients’ needs.
Education requirementsHigh School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Required Driver's License
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Experience requirements• Ability to read micrometers and measuring equipment.
• Ensures that required equipment and tools are functioning
• Performs routine maintenance on machinery and test
• Performs housekeeping tasks as required.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Qualifications• Must have own basic hand tools
• Must adhere and follow company Safety rules.
• Ability to drive fork lifts and operate overhead cranes in a safe
• Works overtime to meet customer needs.
• Training is available
Responsibilities• Disassembles and inspects pumping equipment to determine
repair requirements. Includes Slurry pumps, Multi-stage split
case pumps, Vertical turbine pumps, Overhung Horizontal
• Fills out inspection and other various reports.
Skills• Using various pneumatic tools, hand tools, acetylene torch, drill
press and surface grinder required to disassemble and
Work hoursFull Time