Posted on Aug. 21, 2016
The Public Relations Manager will develop and implement strategic public relations plan for the hotel. Generate and maximize media exposure for the property on a local, regional, and national level. Effectively implement and facilitate related Loews Hotels brand programs with the Director of Sales & Marketing. Act as liaison between the hotel and the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop proactive and reactive PR plans which fall under the overall Sales & Marketing objectives for the hotel.
* Obtain positive media coverage for marketing developed hotel promotions, events, initiatives, and offerings year round.
* Proactively pitch quarterly Brand releases/pitches in local/regional markets.
* Create media personalities within the hotel staff-i.e chefs, concierge, etc. to generate positive exposure for the hotel. Train staff as needed to appear on camera or be interviewed.
* Develop and maintain a strong relationship with area CVB to drive destination media leads to the hotel.
* Write and distribute press releases and pitches to the local, regional, and national media. Keep updated press kit for the hotel.
* Keep abreast of consumer and trade media interests in order to better capitalize on publicity opportunities.
* Responsible for media relations in the event of a crisis at the hotel. Prepare and keep crisis plan current.
* Update, monitor press area of the Loews Hotels website for the hotel.
* Take primary ownership of any co-promotional events with media or corporate partners.
* Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with internal and external marketing collateral, ensuring messaging and tone is consistent throughout. (as needed)
* Write Advertorial and Scripting as needed
* Primary liaison and creative director for any photo or video shoots on property.
* Ensure all web copy is current and up to date. Work with corporation on updates/additions/etc.
* Handle all aspects of the corporate Good Neighbor Program, sponsorships and community donations.
* Be a leader in community and professional organizations pertinent to the public relations function. Through community involvement, create visibility for the hotel as an active, civic member of the community.
Employee Relations & Communications:
* Assume responsibility for distribution of material from Loews Hotels, new hotels and construction, etc. in-house
* Disseminate information within the hotel to maintain staff awareness of the hotels involvement in the community.
* Assist in special events for employees, such as dinners, monthly/yearly awards, contests, holiday functions, etc.
* Work with General Manager or other department heads on various special assignments.
* Maintain and update awards and accolades lists for hotel.
* Goals are established annually relating to corporate PR and branding goals, community relations and employee relations.
* Media Call and Media Familiarization Trip/ Property Visit Goals will be established.
* Prepare monthly report on activities and results including press coverage, media value and ROI.
* Annual merit review with periodic updates to ensure goals are being met
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Excellent communications skills-oral, written and listening
* Minimum of five years in public relations either in hospitality or a PR agency
* Self-starter with strong organizational and leadership skills
EDUCATION: College degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of Public Relations experience in a four diamond hotel or similar experience.