Posted on Oct. 9, 2017
PROPERTY MANAGER - PARK AT HURSTBOURNE
EXCELLENT PAY & BENEFITS!
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
Come join our growing community of professional Property Managers!
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Competitive compensation and earnings potential
Employee Referral Bonus
Internal opportunities for career advancements
Your Money Management:
401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
Your Work Life Balance:
Paid Time Off
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management skills with our growing company. As a Property Manager you would have a vital role in the success of your property. You would be responsible for the financial, administrative and maintenance operations of the community.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Education requirementsBachelor’s degree in Business or Management preferred
Experience requirements- A minimum of three to five years Property Manager experience preferred
- Strong background in Accounting/Finance with proven skills (Strong background and proven skills in Accounting/Finance.)
- CAM/Licensed Property Manager preferred
- Large unit experience required
- Renovation experience necessary
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for company required training/business
- A valid driver’s license may be required
Qualifications- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customer
Responsibilities- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
Increase occupancy and lease apartments, while overseeing all onsite staff and activities.
- Ensures all budgeting guidelines are followed consistently.
- Prepares related weekly/monthly reports to include, but not limited to: petty cash variance, leasing, renewal, financial, market and bi-weekly payroll.
- Evaluates financial performance and seasonal trends to identify and implement solutions.
- Monitors resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls to ensure a positive living experience.
- Daily communication and collaboration with staff, regional managers and others as needed.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the property, community and competitors.
- Builds and maintains a team that will work toward property’s community goals together.
- Motivates, directs and evaluates employees and all related personnel issues. (Motivates, directs and evaluates all personnel and employee related issues.)
- Physically walks and inspects community on a daily basis to address issues and to ensure property meets BH standards.
- Oversees and directs all administrative duties in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for training; may be asked to travel for acquisitions or other company business.
- Other duties as assigned.
SkillsThe individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.
Safety Considerations: This position may operate company vehicles or office type equipment. May have exposure to a variety of physical building conditions during maintenance and/or rehabilitation projects.
Work hoursWork Schedule: 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday schedule with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, attached resume, and select "Apply Now"
We look forward to hearing from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER