Posted on Dec. 4, 2017
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
Visit us on Wednesday December 6th from 10 am to 2 pm.
Click Apply now for the location address.
HEPACO is a high quality environmental service provider dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our clients. Established in 1984, HEPACO has evolved into one of the market leaders providing solutions to solve the environmental challenges of our clients. HEPACO’s value proposition is strongly focused on quality, reliability, safety, and client assurance. When it looks like things can’t get any worse, you can’t get any better!
HEPACO is looking for an Project Supervisor
Reports To: Foreman/Project Supervisor
Primary Purpose: Responsible for supervising and performing a full range of task required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to, tank cleaning, pipeline maintenance, manual remediation services, waste bulking, and/or demolition services, in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Education requirementsHigh school diploma or GED preferred
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
• Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of operations and ability to safely operate assigned equipment
• Must be able to train Environmental Technicians on Company operating and safety procedures
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Monitor and enforce compliance with DOT, OSHA, HEPACO safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
• Establish specified decontamination stations, ensure proper levels of person protection and conduct site safety meetings prior to beginning daily operations and notify management of any issues or concerns
• Effectively manage all phases of assigned on-site projects including resource scheduling and supervision, communicating with the client, leading and instructing subordinates
• Perform a variety of project related administrative and accounting task, in addition to maintaining the daily activities log book, ensuring that all activity is properly documented
• Coordinate purchases with management as required
• Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
• Safely operate heavy equipment and routinely use tools/equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc. for cleanup operations
• Ensure that all equipment is maintained, repaired and in maximum operating condition
• Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
Performs other duties as assigned or required
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
Work hoursWork Environment:
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards, including the occasional use of a respirator. Must be willing and able to enter into and work in confined and dark spaces, as well as in small boats, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time. Frequent travel is required.