at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 23, 2016
Creates, manages, coordinates, and successfully executes plans to complete projects in support of business and technical initiatives. Adheres to Terumo BCT practices for project governance. Assists with evolution of the Terumo BCT project-management methodology and tools. Communicates important milestones and achievements as well as risks as they relate to projects.
* Creates and executes complex project plans, and revises them as appropriate for project needs.
* Defines and manages projects of small to moderate scope.
* Facilitates and coordinates project activities and tasks to execute the project plan.
* Manages scope, schedule and cost within plan.
* Ensures proper assignment and coordination of resources per plan.
* Facilitates the definition of quality and risk, and manages the project accordingly. Resolves and/or escalates project-related issues in a timely fashion.
* Tracks status and metrics on the project delivery and value; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
* Effectively manages communications, expectations, and interactions with all departments and internal stakeholders.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations on project status and selected project topics.
* Effectively utilizes each team member to accomplish the project objectives.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
* Facilitates project governance and maintains project-management documentation.
* Contributes to departmental portfolio management.
* Partners with various Managers to successfully implement projects.
* Occasionally manages multiple projects simultaneously.
* Participates as a member of a project team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree, preferably in a science or technical related field or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 5 years of full-time project management experience; general commercial focus
* Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
* Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) strongly preferred.
* Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
* Demonstrated ability to integrate subject matter expert input to develop project plans from concept through commercialization for activities.
* Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
* Demonstrated facilitation skills to effect project progress per plan.
* Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including Microsoft Project schedules
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional certification (or equivalent) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.