Posted on Aug. 31, 2017
We are a steel fabrication and machine shop that has been in business for over 35 years in Lakeland, FL.
We are expanding our commercial construction division and we are looking for a Project Estimator who will be responsible for compiling competitive yet profitable bids for steel fabrication in the commercial construction industry.
Experience requirements• Estimating: 2 years
• Well versed in reading and interpreting various construction plans
• Organized with a high attention to detail
• Can work with little supervision to complete estimate by specified deadlines
• Able to complete material
• Trained in any material takeoff software.
Responsibilities• Reviews, plans, and determines viability and profitability of potential construction projects
• Orders hardcopy construction plans for estimation
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements from construction plans and related documentation.
• Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
• Presents prepared estimate by combining numerical data and descriptive information in a clear, concise proposal.
• Maintains company’s proprietary cost database by entering and backing-up data.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending project walk-throughs and interfacing with the client.
• Reviews scope of work with client prior to contract execution
Skills• Experience with Steel Fabrication