Posted on Dec. 5, 2017
Summary: Provides engineering and project management support and for small and medium sized projects and ensures on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. Project engineer will assist with the design of facility improvements, new project development, permitting, and construction operations of the company. Supports the safe and profitable operation of the Company.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Develops unique solutions for technical problems that may include the design of new processes or systems or the development of solutions which may have few or no precedents. Frequently recommends or adapts procedures, techniques, tools, material and/or equipment to meet special needs. Consistently suggests process improvements to enhance safety, productivity and cost effectiveness. Uses creativity and independent judgment to formulate results based on principles, experience and constructive thinking. Must be proactive to prevent non-compliance and to act when a challenging situation has the potential for worsening if action is not taken to resolve the problem. Documentation and reporting essential with the process. Errors may have significant impact in areas of quality, safety, and cost effectiveness of the project.
Reporting Relationships: Position reports to VP, Engineering. Direct Reports: 0. Sometimes supervises third party resources assigned to the project implementation team. Receives intermittent supervision with defined objectives, priorities and deadlines. Progress is reviewed versus detailed check for technical adequacy and conformance with practice and policy.
Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the complex documents such as scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Frequent interface and communication with all levels of personnel in order to understand problems and needs. Ensures that project members understand business goals and creates energy and action toward achieving those goals. Shares opinions, ideas and resources with others and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Spends 50% of the time in the office and up to 50% of the time at the Company’s field locations and new site development locations. Significant travel. Individual may be infrequently exposed to possible operations hazards or working in or visiting operational site, including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
Education requirements• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Science or engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
• An advanced degree in engineering a plus.
Experience requirements• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, construction, environmental and/or exploration and production sectors preferred.
• Project engineering and experience on large expansion projects and new innovations with strong organizational and project coordination skills.
Qualifications• Must be familiar with the engineering design process and deliverables, as well as construction execution and problem-solving.
• Working knowledge of software modeling.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must successfully complete a drug/alcohol screening and pre-employment background check.
Responsibilities• Creates and executes project work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs of the project.
• Manage procurement, purchase orders, invoices, & cost controls for projects.
• Overall responsibility for project scope, budget, and schedule.
• Develop, track, and maintain a Project schedule.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities to attain them.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects and scope of a project.
• Minimizes Company exposure and risk on the project.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Projects are small-medium sized, ranging from $50K - $10MM.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills• Ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
• Ability to read, interpret, construction drawings, perform quantity take-offs.
• Ability to work in a multi-task high volume working environment, independently with adaptability to change.
• Ability to travel to field facilities on a regular basis and new site development locations.
• Solid technical background and expertise in engineering and environmental applications and design.
• PC Skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheet software.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
Other Preferred Skills
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of wellbore flow characteristics, configuration and design; cuttings processing and injection equipment.
• Estimating ability is a plus.
• Working knowledge of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
• Working toward or achievement for PE designation desired.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, no is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
Interested applicants click on APPLY NOW