Posted on Oct. 4, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Morgan Services seeking full time Production Supervisor to successfully lead and operate the Production Department to meet Sales, Service and Plant goals with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement. The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operatevening ions of the department and ensuring standards and procedures are constantly applied and met. Candidate will need to have flexibility with hours due to the plant being operational from 4am to 3pm, some Saturdays, and occasional 2nd shift coverage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors members’ safety to ensure the members are provided a hazard free work environment. Ensures that department members adhere to and receive all safety and health training and regulations.
• Ensures product quality by utilizing Morgan Production Systems.
• Coordinates with Service Supervisors and Managers to ensure load completion. The Supervisor will prepare shortage reports, communicate all shortages to the plant and service on a daily basis, and plan for improvements where possible.
• Communicates work assignments to members on a daily basis and monitors their Spindle Log-In Compliance, efficiency, and quality results. Works with members on identifying methods of improving individual results.
• Completes daily wash floor schedule by utilizing the standard schedule outlined by the Plant Management Team. Schedules input of material and communicates input to Plant Manager.
• Helps identify any potential maintenance problems and reports them to the Maintenance Director or Plant Manager. Ensures that all daily team maintenance tasks (DTM) are complete.
• Works with other Managers on identifying areas of process improvement in the department or plant and leads or participates in MPS project teams. Identifies areas and means for process improvements and cost cutting. Completes reports, plans and methods of improvement. Submits the necessary documents to support conclusions.
• The Supervisor will maintain a department vacation schedule, ensuring that department is properly staffed during vacation by utilizing members from other departments, over time and/or outside temporary help; handles departmental member disciplinary action (1st and 2nd member reminders) and informs the Plant Manager of all disciplinary action. Completes member get together on a bi-annual basis with all members.
• This member covers a majority of the duties of the Garment Director in his/her absence.
• Bachelor Degree preferred, High School Diploma required
• 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Two (2) weeks paid vacation time
• Healthcare benefits (including Dental, Vision, and Prescription)
• 401k with match
• Profit sharing bonus