Posted on Sep. 16, 2016
Job Title: Production Supervisor Assistant
Location: Columbus OH
Drug Testing: Required
Non-Compete Agreement: Required
Salary Structure: Base Salary
Background Checks: Criminal
Assists in day to day production and operations.
• Handle product rotation of all cooler meat products including but not limited to fresh meat, dry age, and specialty beef items in the freezer.
• Handle and manage inventory and rotation of all cooler meat products.
• Act as a resource for the production team in retrieving specialty items that need to be cut on an as needed basis.
• Supervise and manage the sorting/grading of all high profile accounts as needed.
• Handle all special delivery sales orders
• Assist with drivers as needed.
• Assist in filling of will call orders, back orders, same day and urgent orders as needed.
• Assist, as needed, in opening of the plant each day, ensure successful pre-op inspections with the USDA.
• Support sales as needed for inventory and fulfillment questions after product training is received.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
• Excellent leadership/supervisory skills, open to direction.
• Demonstrate collaborative work style and commitment to meet customers’ demands fast/on-time.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred. Experience working in a fast paced and high growth business.
English speaking /reading - Spanish a plus.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Noise level moderate. The temperature can range from normal office temperature to plant temperatures of 38-42 degrees. Occasional time in freezer areas of 10 below
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. Work in cold temperatures for extended period of time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.