at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 30, 2016
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. Terumo BCT is a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, serving customers in more than 120 countries. As the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction, we believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
We are hiring for a Product Support and Training Specialist, to be based out of corporate headquarters in Lakewood, CO, OR remotely in the U.S. Working without significant direction, the Product Support & Training Specialist designs, develops content and delivers training for Mirasol, our pathegon reduction technology. The person in this role operates as the Product Expert and will work with global regions with an emphasis in EMEA currently.
The person in this role provides complex problem solving services in the field with customers and/orTBCT Regional Trainers globally. Working closely with R&D, Clinical Affairs, Learning & Development, and Product Management groups in the development and execution of Training & Product Support.
* Works within regional/global/customer environments to provide clinical support and training delivery for all Terumo BCT product applications.
* Works with training, support, and other departments to develop assessment and training tools to aid in the training of new clinical, implementation, and sales specialists, in-house associates, global distributors, and customers.
* Provides design input and develops independent study and computer/web based training.
* Provides training, implementation and support for the launch of new products.
* Delivers training to customers and BCT associates.
* Provides telephone support for customers and field-based associates.
* Provides ongoing training and support for all levels of the BCT Support Center.
* Performs ongoing assessment of customers' technical needs and problems as identified through call reports and input from field-based specialists.
* Documents and provides written solutions to recurring problems, including revision of training tools and provision of training. Performs ongoing market assessment of customers' technical needs and problems.
* Identifies and solve complex or unusual customer issues in a timely manner.
* Identifies the need for protocols using Terumo BCT instruments.
* Analyzes customer trends and communicates market knowledge effectively.
* Analyzes regional customer needs and trends. Analyze therapy trends in the marketplace and communicates market knowledge effectively.
* Supports regulatory requirements for transfusion medicine, therapeutic aphaeresis, and cell therapy.
* Works with therapy scientists to initiate and support clinical trials.
* Participates in a multidisciplinary team environment to assess therapy needs, provide support, and resolve customer issues.
* Facilitates the capture and sharing of knowledge within area of expertise through journal review, training opportunities, and knowledge management system.
* Works within corporate and global customer environment to provide clinical support and leadership to the Terumo BCT global market for all product applications.
* Assists in clinical trials including design, site selection, training of site participants, and some clinical monitoring.
* Works with Global Support and other departments to develop, implement, track, report, and act upon Regional Support metrics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience, preferably clinical experience in donor and therapeutic aphaeresis, RN, MT or equivalent.
* Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into a workable strategy.
* Strong, demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability and desire to teach. Demonstrated self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types.
* Demonstrated ability to develop training programs and/or documentation.
* Demonstrated and effective leadership skills in a global cross functional environment.
* Ability to diagnose, understand, and solve complex system issues.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical material in a non-technical manner.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Extensive domestic and international travel required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.