at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 21, 2016
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. Terumo BCT is a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, serving customers in more than 120 countries. As the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction, we believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
Terumo BCT improves lives through innovation, quality and services delivered by our people, products and processes. Our philosophy is "Continuous improvement creates quality that delights our customers."
When it comes to point of care cellular therapy, Terumo BCT's Harvest Technology is the leader in the market, and we are proud to be shaping the future of stem cell therapy. Our autologous point of care cell therapy technologies helps clinicians harness the biologic potential of concentrated blood, bone marrow, and adipose tissue found within the patient's own body. This therapy is helpful in biological processes such as tissue regeneration and bone formation.
The Product Marketing Manager will work in tandem with Product Manager, to provide product line marketing in the areas of strategic direction and objectives, marketing strategies and sales tools, and product line problem resolution. This position will report to a Senior Marketing Manager for Harvest Technologies. This is a role that will be mostly focused on downstream activities to drive product line revenues. The role requires about 30% travel.
People who will thrive in this role are:
* Experienced in Product Marketing within the medical device industry.
* Excited to be representing the industry's leading technology in stem cell therapy, perhaps one of medicine's newest, most promising developments.
* Wanting to have career growth opportunity, in growing market and a company that is advancing healthcare and touching a patient's live every 6 seconds
* Driven to succeed and excited about the opportunity to build business within an established, long standing company that is a leader in its niche, and a product line with the highest growth targets within the company.
* Looking to work with a team that is communicative, collaborative, and consistently exceeding revenue goals.
* Coordinate efforts with manufacturing, engineering, quality, worldwide sales, and other functional areas to produce innovative products that meet customer needs.
* Establish and is held accountable for the achievement of sales and market share goals for assigned products.
* Collect and analyze competitor information and tracks sales. Develop and refine marketing, promotional, and pricing strategies.
* Develop and coordinate the production of product introduction, sale and support materials, brochures, and other tools.
* Organize, coordinate, and present product seminars for customers and sales associates.
* Assist customers and sales associates through the provision of sales training, clinical in-service assistance, and marketing programs. Analyze and resolve problems. Assist customers in the optimal use of products.
* Manage assigned product lines including awareness of product inventory, manufacturing or quality problems, and application issues.
* Monitor and analyze indicators of business performance such as Sales vs. Forecast (units, revenue, gross profit), actual vs. plan selling price, product mix, disposables utilization, competitor information, and other relevant marketing factors.
* Develop and implement the introductory business plans for new products or product enhancements to assure proper positioning strategy. Coordinate pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
* Work closely with the sales organization and marketing managers to successfully identify business opportunities, support tools, and new marketing programs in a timely and high quality manner.
* Provide direction on the design and implementation of promotion, sales force collateral, and customer communication materials to ensure consistency with customer's needs and the system selling approach. Evaluate communication and documentation programs and support tools for effectiveness through customer and sales force feedback as well as objective research.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 7 years experience, preferably in the area of marketing and/or sales.
* Extensive knowledge of product applications/therapies and the markets of the product(s) for which the incumbent has responsibility.
* Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and program delivery.
* Working knowledge of domestic and worldwide markets and global marketing strategy.
* Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into workable strategy.
* Ability to work effectively and comfortably with physicians and other medical professionals, as well as with all functions and levels within the business organization.
* Ability to understand scientific facts and package them into a cohesive communication model for customers and sales associates.
* Ability to develop financial analysis to justify product or service investments.
* Requires a thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics as they relate to product, price, and distribution.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Domestic and international travel required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.