Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
A Produce Clerk will is responsibile for stocking the produce areas, keeping areas clean and easy to navigate for customers, and assisting customers in locating items. Keeping the department looking sharp and helping customers find what they need. Individuals interested in this opportunity need to be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
PRODUCE CLERK DUTIES
1. Unloading pallets and stocking produce sales area with incoming items.
2. Setting up special displays under manager's direction.
3. Keeping the produce department clean and free of any safety hazards.
4. Maintaining current knowledge of government health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
5. Addressing customer complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous manner and following through to the best possible resolution.
6. Assisting customers in locating items as needed.
7. Assisting customers in carrying items out to their cars if needed.
8. Answering produce-related questions for customers as needed.
9. Assisting in other areas of the store if asked by store director.
1. Previous produce experience preferred.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must-have for this position.
3. Able to maintain a calm, courteous demeanor when addressing customer complaints or concerns.
4. Able to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced environment.
5. Strong customer service mentality.
6. Able to repeatedly lift 40 lbs. on a daily basis.
This position is eligible to participate in medical, vision, dental and 401(k) retirement plans. It also offers a membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay, and life insurance, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).