at Kroger, Inc.
Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Kroger Now Hiring!
All Locations Available!
*Produce 2nd Shift
Responsible for contributing to the net profit return to the company through a reduction of quality related losses on the inbound shipments as well as current inventory of produce, meat, poultry and seafood.
Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide assurance that all incoming products conform to written and approved quality specifications.
• Perform inspections on inbound product following company guidelines and written specifications.
• Communicate with buyers and merchandising department on inventory levels, short dated product, shrink and other quality related issues on a timely basis.
• Check Brix, pressure levels and pulp temperatures on inbound produce product.
• File claims on out of spec product that stays in the DC and follow company guidelines and procedures for filing and recording claims. Communicate with merchandising, procurement and vendor.
•Reject product that is out of temperature or dating guidelines. Communicate such to immediate supervisor, merchandising and procurement staff.
• Be actively involved in banana ripening process and insure that bananas are shipping to stores at proper stage and temperature.
• Work with vendor community and WESCO in identifying and correcting any quality issues.
• Keep inspection area sanitized and thermometers and scales calibrated.
• Perform short date surveillances daily on most volatile products and once per week on longer shelf life product.
• Direct drivers or WSS to pull random samples throughout the truck on straight loads in accordance with company guidelines. Take samples to be inspected to the QA area.
• Keep ground beef log and temperatures to provide information on any food borne illness point of origin.
• Identify improperly rotated product and correct the rotation issue with the help of the supervisor.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
• Ability to work on a computer
Desired Previous Job Experience
• High school education
• Two years' experience in a warehouse environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Flexible Hours
* Opportunities for Benefits (part time and full time benefits available)
* Advancement Opportunities
* Opportunity for Tuition Reimbursement
* 10% off Kroger brand products
* Paid Training
* Weekly Pay
Submit your application online today!